By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official LGBTA Thread - Supreme Court rules for Marriage Equality

Where do we draw the line? Gays say that they're born predisposed to being attracted to the same sex, so we support them. Pedophiles say that they're born predisposed to being attracted to young children, so we throw them in the prisons, and label them sex offenders. Same can be said about those that indulge in beastiality. If we allow gays these rights, we should give everyone the rights to be themselves.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Around the Network
Icy-Zone said:
Where do we draw the line? Gays say that they're born predisposed to being attracted to the same sex, so we support them. Pedophiles say that they're born predisposed to being attracted to young children, so we throw them in the prisons, and label them sex offenders. Same can be said about those that indulge in beastiality. If we allow gays these rights, we should give everyone the rights to be themselves.

There's the fact that gay relationship are between two consenting adults and don't harm anyone. Pedophiles harm children both physically and mentally. Animals can't consent (and would most probably be harmed too).

So this argument is not acceptable and frankly insulting.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Icy-Zone said:

There's the fact that gay relationship are between two consenting adults and don't harm anyone. Pedophiles harm children both physically and mentally. Animals can't consent (and would most probably be harmed too).

So this argument is not acceptable and frankly insulting.

So a female human being mounted by a male animal isn't enough consent? I've had a dog hump my leg before and I didn't put a gun to its head. And as wrong as it may seem, children can say "yes" or "no," it's just there are laws put in place to prevent it from being legal, sort of like laws put in place to prevent gay marriage. I'm just saying that some people are born predisposed to certain characteristics and just because a select few exhibit these characteristics, people and the law shouldn't bend over and accept these things.

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Icy-Zone said:

So a female human being mounted by a male animal isn't enough consent? I've had a dog hump my leg before and I didn't put a gun to its head. And as wrong as it may seem, children can say "yes" or "no," it's just there are laws put in place to prevent it from being legal, sort of like laws put in place to prevent gay marriage. I'm just saying that some people are born predisposed to certain characteristics and just because a select few exhibit these characteristics, people and the law shouldn't bend over and accept these things.

Funny... Since until 1545 there actually wasn't "law", or written protocol, or whatever human invetion that prohibited "gay" people to marry. Who gives a right to judgmental majority to limit rights of minority? If you are against gay marraige, well solution is simple... Don't marry a person of same sex as you.

Tom3k said:

Icy-Zone said:

Funny... Since until 1545 there actually wasn't "law", or written protocol, or whatever human invetion that prohibited "gay" people to marry. Who gives a right to judgmental majority to limit rights of minority? If you are against gay marraige, well solution is simple... Don't marry a person of same sex as you.

This. Seriously.

Around the Network

I have two friends, one who is close to me since high school and one who I have known for a long time who is transgender. In high school, I had asked the first friend if she thought her sexual pref was a psychological thing or if it were natural since birth and she said since birth... her word was good enough for me.

Houston has a very accepting community despite what the media wants to paint about Texas' intolerance. The minority is actually the majority here. We have a very large hispanic population, as well as black, and also some vietnamese. Where I went to school, I was one of the few caucasians. Our mayor is an out of closet lesbian. I was surprised when she was elected because I was living in MD at the time. Actually, not really I guess... there is very active LGBT community here, especially around Montrose area. Gay pride parade goes on annually there as well with streets lined with rainbow flags. Lots of cool shops, restaurants, such down there... very metro. I actually think it would be a good place to visit, if you do find yourself this direction... of course, a large Christian population and churches everywhere. Even a few buddhist temples. Haha, and also a lot of strip clubs or just clubs in general. So yeah, all types live here. Very diverse city.

I would say politically, Houston is more democrat because of the minorities, but that also there is a lot of voter apathy... to me, in reality it seems like it's half and half, but then you also have a lot of independents . But many people, especially young folk, they don't think their voice matters, so they don't vote. And to be honest, if you watch the news, I can't blame them for their opinion... I would feel the same way because just seems like nobody 'gets them' or cares about their actual condition.

Yeah, the nasties still come out, but you will get that anywhere. People used to call me 'whitey' sometimes, but I used to just ignore them because it was out of ignorance. The only time I ever got really hot angry about the discrimination was when they used to talk down at my mother, who is crippled with a condition called "Dystonia". That angered me a lot, when they used to talk bad about her walking... people do like to stare, and it does anger me sometimes still, but I just give them a look right back. I noticed though the less you bother yourself with it and the happier you are, the less it seems to happen... I think people want to "pity" you and it makes them feel better about their own life standard. However, if you are having fun and are happy person, generally then they have nothing else to make fun of... and happiness is infectious, just as miserable-ness is as well.

Anyway, not all that super important. I just thought I would share.

Tom3k said:

Icy-Zone said:

Laws against beastiality began surfacing in many states in the 21st century (past ten years). Who gives us a right to judge those that partake in these acts. It's funny how when it comes to gay rights everyone seems to rally behind them, but when it comes to other people's rights, we deny them and instead throw them in penitentiary. Gays judge people as well, and when someone calls them out on their own differences, they say that you're a a bigot and rude. Such a double standard.

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Icy-Zone said:

Laws against beastiality began surfacing in many states in the 21st century (past ten years). Who gives us a right to judge those that partake in these acts. It's funny how when it comes to gay rights everyone seems to rally behind them, but when it comes to other people's rights, we deny them and instead throw them in penitentiary. Gays judge people as well, and when someone calls them out on their own differences, they say that you're a a bigot and rude. Such a double standard.

Wait a second, are there laws against bestiality? WHAT A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES.

Icy-Zone said:

If you're so caught up on bestiality at least spell it right. Sexuality is not black and white... People are sexual, some ar hetero, other are bi, some are gay, and some are even asexual. But each one of those groups does what they do with consenting adults.

If you think that homosexuality is the same thing as raping a child or an animal... Than something is clearly wrong with you... Age of consent is not a number that lawmakers simply scribbled on the paper. It's the age when "child" becomes young adult in terms of intelectual, emotional and sexual maturity. And if animal in heat humps on your leg, that doesn't mean that he's attracted to you.

Icy-Zone said:
Tom3k said:

Icy-Zone said:

You need to learn the definition of crime. You do realise that when people of sound mind consent to doing anything together whether it be going to the cinema or having sex, this is legal? And it should be legal. Illegal things are things that hurt others, the individual or society as a whole. If two gay men having sex and getting married was to the detriment of the wider world in any way, it would and should be a crime. But it isn't to anybodys detriment. When I have sex in my home and then go into the world, not only does nobody actually know (or have the right to know) that I have had sex, but I also then don't follow this with a crime. Because I am a good, law-abiding citizen who happens to be a gay person (the least interesting thing about me, I might add - it in no way defines me or my life. Did you know that many gays enjoy interests just like "normal" people!?).

Paedophilia is wrong because it is forcing a child to do things for which they are not mentally or physically prepared or equipped. Paedophilia is a sexual disorder - being gay isn't purely about sex. Comparing me (a godfather to my two beautiful godchildren btw) to a paedophile is ignorant at best and downright unacceptable and hideous at worst. Think before you speak about these matters in future. And if you can't think keep your dangerous and odious ideas to yourself.