By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to show big titles at GDC 2008

They will probably just show screens from GeoW2 (cool) and some previews of their 156,478th Halo game. (not so cool) Of course, you never do know...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Halo 4, Halo Wars, Forza 3, gears 2... idk cant guess the rest

you've covered that basics, but I'd add to that: Fable 2, Mass Effect 2, New Splinter Cell, Bioshock 2, Viva Pinata 2!!!! lol j/k on Viva Pinata 2, but you never know.

HAHAHA I just saw soriku's list of Halo's 4-10! lol I totally agree. Master Cheif will be Microsoft's "Mario"

Its been confirmed that we will see a lot of Fable 2 at GDC (thankyou Peter Molyneux), but what i'm really hoping for is a lot of Banjo kazooie 3. Im starting to worry about this game, its still in the running with Fable 2 and Too Human as my most anticipated games (even higher than Brawl and Versus), but the lack of ANY new info and media since 2006 scares me.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Didn't I say this before? MS is had been eerie quiet lately with no announcements. They're just waiting for a big event to go with their big announcements.

Around the Network

Well as much as I love my Xbox, Microsoft needs to have some pretty brilliant announcements to make, and also needs 90% of the brilliant looking exclusives they have coming up to actually BE brilliant in order to compete with Sony.

I still maintain that Microsoft will have the better line-up of quality games this year compared to Sony, even though Sony will have the high-profile brandname games.

Soriku said:
Halo 4
Halo 5
Halo 6
Halo 7
Halo 8
Halo 9
Halo 10

You know it will happen :D

Plus Viva Pinata 2, GoW2, and some new IPs.

or...

Super Hario Universe
 Super Malo Universe
 The Legend of Halda:  Twilight Prince
 The Legend of Zelo: Twilight Prince

Gears Of Halo
Metal Halo Solid
Kingdom Halo
Halo Heart
Halo Turismo
Grand Halo Auto

meh, this post failed

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Halo 4 isn't coming anytime soon, kiddos. Halo is an every three years title. 2001, 2004, 2007. That means we shouldn't expect the next one until at least 2010.

Additionally, I read a rumor somewhere that Halo 4 is not for 360, but it's successor, Microsoft's next console. Imo this means we might not see it until 2011 or later.

Regarding all Sony's "huge" titles, meh. I remember the Gamecube versus Xbox fight were all the GC fanboys kept claiming "wait till game XXX". Be that Starfox, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Sunshine, on and on.

My point is weird as it sounds, big games historically dont sell systems, and I dont expect PS3 to be any different. GT5 Prologue is already out in Japan and it hasn't made any difference. It's easy to see the same will hold true in USA for GT5P, and then the true GT5..and so on..

Gamespot is reporting that Too Human ships in early May, which means that this is the last time the game can TRULY be shown off. I hope we like what we see, cause im pumped for TH.

Soriku (through his various pre-pubescent sources) is reporting that Gears of War 2 will be Microsoft's GDC centerpiece and that Microsoft will be getting a few exclusives that will anger PS3 and Wii gamers, which you would assume would be announced at either GDC or E3. Of course they could also be announced at TGS if they are Japan-centric.