By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Update) Horrible review, The reviewer has joined & insulting me, is this right?

If you played the game, do you think this review was good?

YES 89 52.66%

NO 79 46.75%

Total:168

Review = Opinion

Even so, the score does not seem to follow the Review itself. Didnt seem like it would go that low based on what I was reading. Not my type of game, so I cannot commentate on anything but what I read.

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
Review = Opinion

Even so, the score does not seem to follow the Review itself. Didnt seem like it would go that low based on what I was reading. Not my type of game, so I cannot commentate on anything but what I read.

I agree, after reading his review I would think a 7-8 would have been the verdict.

I agree that, review = Opinion but his emotions are way to involved for the review. As a reviewer your suppost to step back from your biasism and review off of reasons that make since. He played it on normal, called it easy. He also was playing co-op and you can change difficulty in the game. The reasons seem like more of a fanboy answer than a professional reviewer. Its your job, not a random thread like I'm putting here.

Sounds alright to me, as it is just his opinion. IMO reviewers need to bring down the hammer on games instead of going with what the general public agrees with.

You trolololing?

seems fine to me. He explained his issues

Around the Network

i dont know who this Gordon Bryant guy is i remember there used to be like 3 reviewers on here, but i just finished playing DS1 recently (2 playthroughs easy then impossible) for the first time and have to say that its a bit overrated in terms of gameplay, and story telling(or lack of, i actually enjoyed DS extration narrative more than DS1) and yes the controls are sluggish as hell on the higher difficulty theres no aim sensitivity for one, the default at times cant handle multiple enemies at once and the speed of them on later levels, there seems to be some lag when using stasis and melee.   i cant image DS3 being any better since most praised DS1 compared to the other 2

id give DS1 a 7.5-8 if i reviewed it today maybe i could be a bit baised since im playing a 08 game in 2013 and dont really like scifi space settings, but i will eventually get DS2 and 3 this year after im done with crysis 3, RE revelations, and TLOU. either way this gordon bryants review could be a bit under by 2-3 points but at the end of the day a review is a review its just someones elses opinion just like i feel RE6 isnt as bad as the reviews say

Play Me

easyrider said:
JoeTheBro said:
Sounds good to me. He did fine.

Ok a 5/10 for things he had control over. LOL what? You just don't like the game. Whats with sony fans and negative atitudes all the time. Just my opinion but it seems nothing is good enough and everything has to be free or most sony fans don't like it, Even when sony for doing so is losing millions if not billions. I think in the end the sony gamers will be the demise of PS.  I guess I went on a rant but for you not to see a problem is kinda of wierd. Unless your the reviewer or you don't like the game in the first place.

Well that escalated quickly.

easyrider said:

The review was of Dead Space 3. by Gordon Bryant

The reasons for this review and it's low score are horribly. As stated the reviewer says ammo is to plentyful, yet doesn't change the difficulty level that changes that exact problem. I think this review should be taken down and a real reviewer should do it over. clearly his review focus's on it being to easy. Well thats why they have things called difficulty levels and it takes 5 seconds to change the setting.  Also he doesn't like the plot because a religion took over and are making horrible decisions. He says that would have never happened. Take a look at history, not to hard to see that it has happened many times. He also complains about wait times in the game. Fine but  as someone already mentioned, he sounds like he is going more on a rant, then a professional review. Sorry but this review was bad at best. He should not be allowed to review anymore games because he is not ready for his job.

Everyone on the page that has posted disagree's with his review, accept him.

http://www.gamrreview.com/review/89780/dead-space-3-ps3/

Please add anything you think I missed about this bad review.

keep in mind that Gamrreview while shown in the latest stories column on the front page here, isn't in fact the same website as VGchartz, for the Articles just by the writers of this site you wanna scroll down to the middle under the hardware sales for the week where it says Latest Articles, that is 100% vgchartz stuff.

As for gammmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrreview stuff, it's junk, most of the reviews put up there fetch 300-500 views unless they are absolutely off the wall wrong on scores when the draw a fraction more interest, in the long term tho it's not like the reviews there have any weight on anywhere other than that site, they are not even allowed by metacritic as actual critical reviews, they are indeed just rants for the few hundrew people who click the site. Kinda like Ben Zero Punctuation guy... but... yeah without the funny.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ishiki said:

The controls are exactly the same. Minus a roll and cover button which you generally don't use. The weight, precisions, and other things are exactly the same. One of his complaints that is valid. Is that the enemies move faster. However, that' solved, by stasis being more readily available, and being able to stack stasis by making them twice as slow.  However the game does a bad job of explaining this.

He has some valid complaints. But he only reviewed the co-op portion of the game as well, and didn't adjust the difficulty despite many of his complaints being solved by just adjusting the difficulty.

Personally I think it's the worst deadspace slightly. But his review, ignores a lot of things reviews shouldn't ignore. I still think he'd score it around a 5 and I'm fine with that. But it's a pretty poor review imo.

Yeah, that's really problematic. What difficulties are available at the start? Can you change them after you've started the game?

Farsala said:
Sounds alright to me, as it is just his opinion. IMO reviewers need to bring down the hammer on games instead of going with what the general public agrees with.

DId you read My reasons that most of his reasons could be solved in 5 seconds. Playing co-op on any game normal is going to be easy. A professional reviewer is suppost to give legitimate reasons. Not just random things that can be blamed on him. I blame him that the game was to easy. Ammo was plentyful because on easy difficulties thats what happens on every game. It even says in the menu the harder the difficulty the more scarce ammo will be. He says enemies are to fast. You have stasis and more of it to slow them down.

His reasons are that of a non-professional. I want a job where i can be horrible at doing and not get fired.