By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - GAIL: Gamers Against Illogical Legislation

deathbeast said:
Nothing will ever come of this, like 99.9999% of the stuff that gets started on the internet. It will always just be a few posts in a thread in the virtual wastelands that are forums on the internet.

I'm not going to waste any more time with this, and neither should anyone else. Of course, if you have nothing better to do, go ahead, I could care less.

Then why the heck did you post here at all? I don't think much will come from it myself, but I hardly feel the need to bash it based on its chances of success. I haven't really been paying much attention, but I don't think he's been trying to get donations from people, so I don't really think there's an issue with that.

Personally, I think that what really needs to be done is to take this to other random sites that non gamers go to. Get some idea of what the nongamer spectrum is like and also raise awareness within that spectrum. Maybe write up one of those internet poll/quiz thingies that people can test their knowledge on, like:

Do you know what the "Hot coffee" scandal was about?"

- Yes! I can't believe how that whole incident with Mcdonalds turned out

- Yes, I can't believe they'd put something like that in a game for children!

- I've heard about it, but that's not a game children should be playing anyway

- There's no way to access that without making modifications to the console in order to play it

Do you know what ESRB is?

- It's a cereal box quality assurance

- Everyone Says Reality Bites

- Age rating system for video and computer games

Is it illegal for a child to watch an R rated movie?

- yes

- no

- it SHOULD be

- it SHOULDN'T be 

Is it illegal for a child to play n M rated game?

- yes

- no

- it SHOULD be

- it SHOULDN'T be

Do you have any children or relatives that plays video or computer games? 

- yes

- no

Do you play video or computer games? 

- yes

- no

At the end of the quiz, it'll give you a little document to read and check your answers from so that they can actually learn something, and offer them a chance to join GAIL, basically make it so that they add their email to a mailing list so that you can send them information on latest issues with gaming legislation and point out that since the group is just starting up, they'll be unlikely to be flooded with mail, and their email won't be given out, the usual thing with that.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:

Then why the heck did you post here at all? I don't think much will come from it myself, but I hardly feel the need to bash it based on its chances of success. I haven't really been paying much attention, but I don't think he's been trying to get donations from people, so I don't really think there's an issue with that.

Personally, I think that what really needs to be done is to take this to other random sites that non gamers go to. Get some idea of what the nongamer spectrum is like and also raise awareness within that spectrum. Maybe write up one of those internet poll/quiz thingies that people can test their knowledge on, like:

Do you know what the "Hot coffee" scandal was about?"

- Yes! I can't believe how that whole incident with Mcdonalds turned out

- Yes, I can't believe they'd put something like that in a game for children!

- I've heard about it, but that's not a game children should be playing anyway

- There's no way to access that without making modifications to the console in order to play it

Do you know what ESRB is?

- It's a cereal box quality assurance

- Everyone Says Reality Bites

- Age rating system for video and computer games

Is it illegal for a child to watch an R rated movie?

- yes

- no

- it SHOULD be

- it SHOULDN'T be

Is it illegal for a child to play n M rated game?

- yes

- no

- it SHOULD be

- it SHOULDN'T be

Do you have any children or relatives that plays video or computer games?

- yes

- no

Do you play video or computer games?

- yes

- no

At the end of the quiz, it'll give you a little document to read and check your answers from so that they can actually learn something, and offer them a chance to join GAIL, basically make it so that they add their email to a mailing list so that you can send them information on latest issues with gaming legislation and point out that since the group is just starting up, they'll be unlikely to be flooded with mail, and their email won't be given out, the usual thing with that.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Nice thoughts! 

The BuShA owns all!

I would join, but I can't promise to be non-biased, I have very strong views and state them often.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Domo-Kun said:
I would join, but I can't promise to be non-biased, I have very strong views and state them often.

all we ask is you to be objective and balanced.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

:)

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network

I'll join

yes wezzys back thank the gods. Now only if starcraft 3 was coming out instead of 2. Oh please add me let me be your resident advocate for wise laws.

All i can say is I am a former captain grade 2 in Halo 3

and yes 360 is better

This is one of the best ideas I've heard in ages. The fact that GAIL is like FAIL is brilliant.

This is almost like an idea I would have, but not quite as good. Remember I'm in community college and a good writter.

Pretty Cool Guy said:
This is one of the best ideas I've heard in ages. The fact that GAIL is like FAIL is brilliant.

This is almost like an idea I would have, but not quite as good. Remember I'm in community college and a good writter.

Oh god I can't stop laughing.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Remember who our leader is, although he is banned.

N e way.... wuz he a victum of the 2k7-2k9.4 electro war between Franch and Australia? They had lazers n shit.