By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think SE will watch the sales of Lost Odyssey in the US?

Do you think SE will watch the sales of Lost Odyssey in the US and determine whether or not a multiplat. ff xiii would be profatible? Reason i chose LO is because it has most in common with the ff series. I realize the 360 has a much larger install base than the ps3 but does it have the fan base? Also, do you think SE even considers Mistwalker as a competitor?

Around the Network

Wasn't there a thread saying that FF and LO were opposites recently?

I think they will watch it, although of course from a PS3 perspective, the demographic is different, and there is a smaller install base, although of course FF XII is much more of a console selling game.

For those people who do not believe it is an exclusive, then they could be looking to see whether it is really worth porting it to 360, but I don't think it's ever coming to 360

I think they will. A big RPG with lots of dev time. It'll be important to them I think.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

they already watch blue dragon & eternal sonata fail in us...

^ incorrect, they failed on the Xbox.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Square has already stated their plans of systems to make games for and thats wii, DS, Ps3 and thats prolly never gonna change unless microsoft sells 5 million in japan in a month lol

^Which might be why SE might not consider a multiplatform release.

I do not think the Xbox 360 can run final fantasy XIII since square is planning advent children graphics(as seen by screens it looks that good).

You have to consider alot of factors in the situation:

1. By END OF 08(around the time of FF XIII launch) PS3 would and should have an install base of atleast 7 million in the united states, I say its more than enough.

2. The Xbox 360 cannot run the game at the quality the ps3 is running it would be a huge possibility.

3. PS3 should have a 4 million install base in japan, FF XIII is enough to sell another million. That game will do to the ps3, what FF VII did to the ps1.

4. Europe is lost to the ps3 sales wise.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I don't think so because Final Fantasy is similar to Halo3 in regards to KNOWING they will make profit. It's a final fantasy series with a HUGE fanbase and has massive legs. LO was a new IP and I'm sure the expectations couldn't have been too high. SE is more focused on delivering a tech project from hell than seeing which demegraphic to sell to. Like I said they know for a fact it will make money.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

zackblue said:
I do not think the Xbox 360 can run final fantasy XIII since square is planning advent children graphics(as seen by screens it looks that good).

You have to consider alot of factors in the situation:

1. By END OF 08(around the time of FF XIII launch) PS3 would and should have an install base of atleast 7 million in the united states, I say its more than enough.

2. The Xbox 360 cannot run the game at the quality the ps3 is running it would be a huge possibility.

3. PS3 should have a 4 million install base in japan, FF XIII is enough to sell another million. That game will do to the ps3, what FF VII did to the ps1.

4. Europe is lost to the ps3 sales wise.

Square has mentioned that they have the White Engine up and running for the 360. I don't see why it wouldn't run on the 360, though it would obviously require 3 or more discs.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/