By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The SNES is the greatest console of all time

I agree with SNES, then second is Ps2.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network

No way. Colecovision all the way.

SNES is the best console ever. Just because it was my first console experience into gaming and Mario was the best game at the time that I would play.

Wii is the best. You can play games from every Nintendo console on it.

So why did they call it the 360?because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away- some guy on Gamespot

Oh the SNES... so many great memories with that thing.

When mine finally died a couple of years ago I shed many big fat tears for it.

Around the Network

I would go with the DS. Then PSP. Then GBA. Then GB. Then SNES.

SNES is the best. Followed by the SNES. It's just that good. The birth of several godly franchises, the best iterations of several godly franchises (METROID 3), and just a godly library.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

terran77 said:
I am firmly on the side of the snes on this one, so many great games

Chrono trigger
2 of the best final fantasys
secret of mana series
illusion of gaia then terrinigma p
earthbound

it was like the ultimate experiment on how to make good rpgs

Yes Secret of mana!!

EarthBound to me is very Boring game,same with Terrinigma. Terrinigma was like a history game which was boring.

Chrono Trigger is awesome (im playing it now)

And Don't forget Super Ninja Boy..ahh i love that game 

Hi i'm new
Prediction:
EA will buy as many Companies they can,so they can make a super Console that
will have the most exclusive games, and Will win the next GEN

The best console ever is [console I spent my childhood playing], because [list of games I spent my childhood playing] and [nostalgia]. Today's games just can't compare!!

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I agree with the verdict but the article was way too dismissive of the Playstation and PS2. He's right to say they weren't innovative, but that does not preclude greatness. They just don't quite make it to the top of a very elite list.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!