By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Burnout Paradise... PS3 > 360

From the Head-to-Head article done by IGN (http://insider.ign.com/articles/846/846534p7.html) :

Overall
So which version of Burnout Paradise deserves your hard earned money? While it's a close call, the PS3 one ultimately delivers an experience that's just a little sharper, faster, and with the extra control options of SixAxis, offers an experience that you won't quite match on 360. The 360 version is excellent in its own right and, if you're not a multi-console owner, you should have no problems getting the most out of the game. If you do have the luxury of choosing consoles, the PS3 has that little extra boost where it counts. Some people might prefer the slightly brighter coloration on the 360, but for most, the added environmental detail, ubiquitous lighting effects, and slightly higher frame rate on the PS3 deliver just a little better overall experience. While we've seen lots of third party games suffer when ported from 360 to PS3, Burnout Paradise is clear proof that, when designed from the ground-up for multi-core processing, the PS3 can definitely compete with any other console out there.

Overall 1. PS3
2. Xbox 360

Now go out and buy a copy so I can take you down :) Last night I probably went to my friends menu over 20 times and no friends online.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

The 360 currently supports custom sound tracks though :P which is a great addition in any racing game ^^. I'd say whichever console you own your going to get a great experience :P. Now if Sony would just give us the damn in-game XMB ^_^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

So this goes to show that the PS3 is the superior platform, as Sony has previously stated. It's just that developers have to tap into the potential. I believe when we see MGS4 or Uncharted 2, or Killzone 2 this year, there will be no games that can compare in terms of graphics, and overall polish.

DMeisterJ said:
So this goes to show that the PS3 is the superior platform, as Sony has previously stated. It's just that developers have to tap into the potential. I believe when we see MGS4 or Uncharted 2, or Killzone 2 this year, there will be no games that can compare in terms of graphics, and overall polish.

Believing it is fine, but should you say it? ...

I do agree though, 3rd party dev's especially have been having a hard time figuring the PS3's inner workings, and almost no one thus far have made any use of the SPE's in Cell, let alone used them to their fullest! This was also the case with the PS2, it took a while (1-2) years before a certain level of quality became the benchmark. 

Minor differences versus achievements, I take achievements.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

I lol'd.

Seems the differences are only there if you are activly looking for them. Ill take achievements and the 360 controller.

Chrizum said:
DMeisterJ said:

I lol'd.

I dont find that funny.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Good too see EA doing something good for the PS3, but another comparison favored the achievements and custom soundtrack over the PS3 version, and elandar, the other comparison I read said that the PS3 triggers were better than the 360's.

Also, does this game come with rumble from launch?

Chrizum said:
DMeisterJ said:

I lol'd.

I didn't.

What's so funny about that?  Do you really think that any game, on any platform, is going to look as good as the three games I mentioned.  Burnout Paradise goes to show us that once developers learn how to optimize the system, games will inherently look better on there.