By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pics from Wii version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

The main reason why it looks so unpolished is because it is not even done yet. If the PS3/Xbox 360 versions are choppy why does these have to be labeled as finale shot? If this game was done then I fear for the other versions (I hate bad choppiness in games it ruins the experience for me).

Around the Network

They need to up the strength of those beams in the second video, I know they're just trying to demo the technology but good god those things are fragile.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
They need to up the strength of those beams in the second video, I know they're just trying to demo the technology but good god those things are fragile.

That's what I was thinking.  How could they posibly support a building like that?

That video on the Euphoria was kinda boring. Perhaps a better situation would have been better.

The DMM thing is quite fascinating. I must not pay enough attention in games because I don't think I ever see wood break like that. How does the boxes in Super Mario Galaxy break? They always seem, at least, "good enough." And that's all I really need. Anyways, I can barely afford the $50 this game will cost, anymore than the $60 it will cost on the PS3/360. And yes, I know that's not all that much, but... after 5 games, those $10 bucks less can buy you a 6th game. Also, I feel for those people who have to pay like $100 on games.

Wow the wii could do alot better than that. I think this is another example of developers trying to save money by not making the best graphics they can. I don't even think the wii was even halfway utilized in games like corruption and smg and they looked what the wii should look like. I expected after seeing smg that 3rd parties would take this as a hint to not make ps2/gc graphics on a console that could do more just to save money. I also think its a bummer that the wii version won't have the type of AI or realistic effect as the other versions are having which I think this game is based on. Imo the wii could be pushed at least 4-5 times better than what I see in those pics and still run at high framerates.

Around the Network

Those tech demos are a bit old btw, so framerates and jitteryness is expected.

There's another vid about how Euphoria's animation system works...Euphoria is the engine in GTA4, I'll find that later.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Here's a good video that shows Euphoria in motion:

The combination of ragdoll physics and animations makes it a very smooth system to use in games.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

superchunk said:
sorry, but I don't think these graphics are horrible. Wow, some of you have too high of expectations.

Looks interesting can't wait to read some reviews.
 Because of the high expectations the 360 and PS3 made. Cant we get a console just right in between the ps3 and Wii..... 

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

The ragdol physics in these videos are ridiculously unrealistic. Living people don't relax all their muscles when airborn. They flail. A dead person sure, and that's why Half-life 2 was okay with ragdol, but it looks absolutely ridiculous in this game and in that demo Ben just posted.

Looks fine to me.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"