By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pics from Wii version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I agree Naznatips, it looks silly when people start grabbing things randomly...it's like, "look, they can randomly link to the nearest object! They're smart!"

But I do like the possibilities this engine has...it's not groundbreaking, but I do think it's a good step for a good physics/AI system.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Blind Fanboyism? Oh dear. The only people here who are blind are those who think the 360 and PS3 can actually make money for third party developers while having them produce these games you call "true next gen".

We all wish we could have the best graphics, engine and stats, but we have to settle for the boundries which technology and reality set for us. People are so offended by the idea that the Wii might get games other consoles are. It's ridiculous.

Had a Wii version not been made for this game in question, you all would have argued it could have never been done just as you do for RE5. You don't want the Wii to have these games because you're afraid the Wii version will do better and make these silly HD graphics you so cherish, obsolete. With no regard for the gaming industry, market profits or the fast approaching brick wall of an otherwise unavoidable market crash had the Wii not emerged, you all selfishly just want what is the prettiest and flashiest product casting aside issues of quality or the long term like 13 year old girls squirming over gaudy jewelry they'd never dare wear as self respecting adults.

So cheekily you push the numerous problems facing the 360 and PS3 to the back of your mind all the while telling yourselves the Wii is the only console with a problem, graphics and power. What will you do when the Wii shortages end? What will you do when developers realize the Wii is the only console that can turn them a profit or offer increased gains to the point of justifying the endeavor of even producing a game in the first place. What will you do when the gaming world takes another turn not in your favor. The problem with Microsoft and Sony's approach of throwing money at all their problems is that the third party developers don't have that same money to keep pace. Despite having some of the most successful games this last year Ubisoft is facing financial peril in 08 and EA, the second biggest publisher, is still losing money as well.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Blind Fanboyism? Oh dear. The only people here who are blind are those who think the 360 and PS3 can actually make money for third party developers while having them produce these games you call "true next gen".

We all wish we could have the best graphics, engine and stats, but we have to settle for the boundries which technology and reality set for us. People are so offended by the idea that the Wii might get games other consoles are. It's ridiculous.

Had a Wii version not been made for this game in question, you all would have argued it could have never been done just as you do for RE5. You don't want the Wii to have these games because you're afraid the Wii version will do better and make these silly HD graphics you so cherish, obsolete. With no regard for the gaming industry, market profits or the fast approaching brick wall of an otherwise unavoidable market crash had the Wii not emerged, you all selfishly just want what is the prettiest and flashiest product casting aside issues of quality or the value of your investment like 13 year old girls squirming over gaudy jewelry they'd never dare wear as self respecting adults.

So cheekily you push the numerous problems facing the 360 and PS3 to the back of your mind all the while telling yourselves the Wii is the only console with a problem, graphics and power. What will you do when the Wii shortages end? What will you do when developers realize the Wii is the only console that can turn them a profit or offer increased gains to the point of justifying the endeavor of producing a game. What will you do when the gaming world takes another turn not in your favor. The problem with Microsoft and Sony's approach of throwing money at their problems is that the third party developers don't have that same money. Despite having some of the most successful games this last year Ubisoft is facing financial peril and EA, the second biggest publisher, is losing money as well.

Have you ever seen The Big Lebowski? You remind me of Walter. Instead of the Vietnam syndrome he has, you have a Wii syndrome.

For the record, I'm a huge Wii fan. I signed the RE5 to Wii petition and ofcourse hope 3rd parties will bring good games to the Wii and will make lots of profits. I also have a PS3, but it's a horrible system and I hope it sells horribly so Sony learns a lesson and stops being cocky.

You, however, are indeed a blind fanb..girl. I'll tell you why. You see ghosts everywhere. The moment someone says something, ANYthing bad about the Wii, you jump up, yell your usual "you're all just afraid of the Wii the Wii will conquer all!" slogans and frantically look to the left, right and left again to see if any non-believers try to go against you.

Fact is, not all games are better on the Wii. Not all games will sell better on the Wii. Not all third parties will perish when they won't develop for Wii. It's true 2K will probably go bankrupt because of their Wii apathy, and some other third parties will also die or at least take some huge blows to the head when ignoring the Wii, but you're just over the top.

So please, just stop fooling yourself and realize there is more out there than just the Wii.

I make no claim all games are better on the Wii, just that some are and developers stand to make a huge profit by supporting it. But if a game cannot exist outside of the standard of graphics you hold the 360 and PS3 to, then is that really a game worth justifying two money pit consoles in the first place?

Say what you like, but you're doing little more than just making your own piece with the Wii's dilemma, a compromise in your mind of how things are to be. Sorry I don't agree with you, but having my own opinion aside from yours doesn't give you the right to label me a fanboy. All you've done is taken what I've said and countered the exaggeration you've paraphrased there of.

This is a game where you use the wii mote in a lightsaber fashion. Even if it isn't 1 on 1 dueling controls, its why many got excited about the Wii's motion control concept. Unles Lucas Arts fails misserably to deliver a worth while product, there is no reason why the Wii version can't arguably do the best. Unless of course you think its logical to assume the Wii version will do the worse and anyone who says otherwise is just a fanboy on principal.

There is indeed much more out there than just the Wii, however it all represents a future for console gaming I don't want. I cannot predict the future, I can only support the console I want to win. Why that makes me a fool and anyone else here on this forum who does the same not, is a mystery known only to you apparently.

BenKenobi88 said:

Here's a good video that shows Euphoria in motion:

The combination of ragdoll physics and animations makes it a very smooth system to use in games.

That's something called 'Endorphin.'

Euphoria is an AI system. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Right, I should have mentioned that the two systems Endorphin and Euphoria are one now.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@ Girl Gamer Elite:

I know it's not of much use to discuss with you, but let me explain very briefly why I generally don't agree with you OR like your attitude:

In my opinion, you take gaming too seriously.