By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who does Microsoft consider a greater threat, Sony or Nintendo?

Tagged games:

Who does MS consider a greater threat?

Sony 89 83.18%

Nintendo 17 15.89%

Total:106
jamesmarkus87 said:
If there was a poll, I'm pretty sure that Sony would get about 84% of the votes.

lol

Around the Network

I may be a vocal minority but I believe Microsoft's biggest competitor is Nintendo and Microsoft knows this. Sony, to a certain extent, does not have the first party software to move hardware and relies heavily on third party exclusives or third party as a whole, much like Microsoft with the exception of Halo. As a result, they compete for the same market. Nintendo however, is the dark horse with a plethora of IP's under its belt and arguably, a market to itself as it has distinguish itself differently from its competitors.

This even debated? MS eye was on Sony in 2001 and its on Sony today. And since MS fans only pick fights with Sony fans.....id say fan and corporation have a unified agenda. Not something that can be said about the other fan factions.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.