By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why was Shenmue I and Shenmue II never ported to the Wii?

I'm pretty sure SEGA could have sold at least 1 million worldwide if they had done it. They didn't even need to add motion controls. They could have just let it use the Classic controller or GameCube controller.

Around the Network

There is no logic behind Sega's actions.

Cause Sega doen't like money. If they were smart they'd port them to XBLA/PSN now. Although rumour has it they're complete but sitting on them atm.

I feel you man but sega sees shenmue as a big black money hole. So they avoiding it like the devil. Thats the today's industry.

They'd release it on PS360 before the Wii, there is a very small audience for Shenmue on Wii.

Around the Network
Player2 said:

There is no logic behind Sega's actions.

It really seems that way. The games are already made and they look better than most Wii games. Porting them to Wii would not cost even close to as much as making a new game from scratch. It's a total missed opportunity on SEGA's part.

Turkish said:
They'd release it on PS360 before the Wii, there is a very small audience for Shenmue on Wii.

Yes you have a point....(looking at xbox shemue 2 sales).... No you don't. But Turkish is the name trolling is the game.

User has been warned for this post - Kantor

AkiraGr said:

Turkish said:

Yes you have a point....(looking at xbox shemue 2 sales).... No you don't. But Turkish is the name trolling is the game.

That would be funny, if only you made sense. According to VGC Xbox version has sold twice as much as the DC version.

Do your homework before replying to me and stop wasting my time with boring hit&run comments.

Galvanizer said:
I'm pretty sure SEGA could have sold at least 1 million worldwide if they had done it. They didn't even need to add motion controls. They could have just let it use the Classic controller or GameCube controller.

You do realize that SEGA has to be the worst managed gaming company not to go bankrupt. It's a miracle they are still in business. At one point, they arguably the best game developer in the world and they still couldn't make any money. Why? Their management has always been terrible.

Darc Requiem said:
Galvanizer said:

You do realize that SEGA has to be the worst managed gaming company not to go bankrupt. It's a miracle they are still in business. At one point, they arguably the best game developer in the world and they still couldn't make any money. Why? Their management has always been terrible.

You raise a good point. Come to think of it, I can't think of a single critically acclaimed AAA game from SEGA this gen. There was Bayonetta and Vanquish but they were both made by Platinum Games.