By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 5 Franchises On PS3

The Top 5 Franchises In Sales On PS3 So Far.

Rank - Name - Sales - (Games In Franchise)

1. Motorstorm - 2.63m (1)

Upcoming - Motorstorm 2

2. Call Of Duty - 2.61m (2)

Upcoming - COD 5

3. Resistance - 2.27 (1)

Upcoming - Resistance 2

4. Assasins Creed (1)

Upcoming - AC 2 eventually

5. NFS - 1.99 (2)

Upcoming -Yearly NFS title

COD will take #1 by next week, obvious PS3 is in dire need of big franchises.

Around the Network

Well good thing Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo will be out this year... (or early next).

was going to say that 3 big exclusives this year and GTA

Uncharted so deserves to be on that list, but sadly it won't ever come close. NFS is on the list? What a shame.

Need for Speed doesn't even have 1 million sales.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Well good thing Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo will be out this year... (or early next).

Yes, and judging by the sales of the listed games above, MGS FF and GT will have tremendous sales!

makingmusic476 said:
Uncharted so deserves to be on that list, but sadly it won't ever come close. NFS is on the list? What a shame.

Don`t worry, Uncharted will sell around 2-3 mln. LTD. This game always will be  a GREAT experience, so, mor epeopel will buy ps3, more they will buy Uncharted. With 9 mln. PS3 they made 1 mln. Uncharted. I supose, with 90 mln. PS3 they won`t do 10 mln. Uncharted, BUT 2-3 mln. for such BRILLIANT game will be peace of cake. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

The TOP 5 Franchises on the PS3 are (at the moment):

• Motorstorm - 2.63m (Motorstorm 2 is due out later this year and should have high sales figures also).
  • Resistance: Fall of Man - 2.27m (Resistance 2 is due out later this year and WILL have some huge sales).
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 2.06m (Sales of this game will continue to get bigger and bigger over the coming months, although the 5th installment will be out by the end of the year).
  • Assassins Creed - 1.99m (A sequel is due, but won't be out probably until late 2009).
  • PES 2008 - 1.21m (PES 2009 again will be out in October, and will live up to the name this time, so expect huge sales).
The next 5 Franchises are:
  • Fifa 08 - 1.08m (Another one will be out later this year).
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 1.00m (There WILL be a sequel, but it's not due until late 2009).
  • Need for Speed: Pro Street - 0.93m (A disappointing Next Gen experience, although another one will appear later this year, anyway, they always sell well).
  • Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 0.78m (A disappointing showing compared to the 360 version, although again, another version will appear later this year).
  • Heavenly Sword - 0.76m (Disappointing sales, although a sequel is more or less guaranteed, maybe not until 2009 though).

As you can see, there are 2 PS3 exclusive franchises in the top 5 and 4 exclusives in the top 10.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Mummelmann said:
Kasz216 said:

Yes, and judging by the sales of the listed games above, MGS FF and GT will have tremendous sales!

Who needs the sales above?  I mean those games are all basically legendary franchises.  They would sell great on a console that would be worse off then the PS3.  Really on any console.

Though i'd say the data above only speaks for GT, as the other two are in genres unrepresented up there.  

Kasz216 said:
Mummelmann said:
Kasz216 said:

Who needs the sales above? I mean those games are all basically legendary franchises. They would sell great on a console that would be worse off then the PS3. Really on any console.

Though i'd say the data above only speaks for GT, as the other two are in genres unrepresented up there.

Yes, it seems that the PS3 is suffering from PS2's childhood ailments; a few games do very well, but the rest barely moves. I expect this to change once the 2nd and 1st party dev's settle in for the long haul though. 3rd parties really haven't had too much time to hone their games accroding to hardware specs, so it can only go upwards.

Overall; it seems all three platforms will get a lot more quality titles this time around since competition is really fierce! And I'm not one bit sorry for it either, it benefits me as an end user at any rate.