By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For what it's worth. (Nintendo Qtr. 3 Goodness)

And why would it be a sad day. Aren't you one of the people that keep saying that who cares if another console is also successful if its not hurting your console of choice? It's not like the ps3 or 360 is going to disappear as soon as the Wii hits 60 million in sales...

If you want Nintendo fans to "stop being afraid of Ps3's success", than you need to stop being afraid of the Wii's success.

Personally, I think that John Lucas's predictions are fun to read and provoke lots of debate on both sides. The fact that his accuracy is pretty good (and I don't think you need to be spot on a prediction to be considered "right") speaks a lot for the thought he's put into it and the fact he sticks to his guns. I may not agree with all his predictions, but they're still fun to read =)

Around the Network
___O_o______ said:
ima be laughing when Wii's are grossly overstocked in September cause of lack of demand.

it always amuses me when people think the wii's demand will just suddenly drop...like it is always just under the demand, so every month they predict that the next month it'll stop selling...or the next major shipment will be the one that doesn't sell out

even tho ssbb and wii fit and mario kart should all be out by september, pushing demand to even higher levels (especially wii fit)

when are u gonna stop predicting it's right around the corner from meeting demand?  if it's sold out all of 2008 will u still predict that they will be grossly overstocked in 2009?  or will u see the light then?  how long until you use reason instead of your bias in your predictions?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

the gta launch won't affect wii sales; why do u think it will?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

congrats on being right man

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

They would never do april and onwards, 1st march is fiscal year, so they would increase it before that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Fastrabbit09 said:
the gta launch won't affect wii sales; why do u think it will?

I think he thinks that GTA 4 will push the combined sales of the 360 and PS3 above the Wii for the month when it is launched.  That's a possibility, I guess.

___O_o______ said:
I was laughing when PS3 were grossly overstocked last January-September cause of lack of demand.

Fixed

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

So close john lucas.

I can't wait for next year, although it will require Nintendo to do something it hasn't done in quite some time: get aggressive.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I do get tired of the doom-and-gloom crowds. Because really, all you accomplish by predicting the Wii's demise is giving yourself a very short-sighted and misinformed appearance. Unless you can provide actual, solid evidence to back your claims, that is; then you might actually have people taking you somewhat seriously. At the very least, you'd inspire a true debate instead of just making a series of comments that seem to boil down to "it will happen because I want it to happen".

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

___O_o______ said:
ima be laughing when Wii's are grossly overstocked in September cause of lack of demand.

I laugh at you right now for saying something so foolish, you SDF'ers are really getting desperate these days

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)