By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Mistwalker concept art! Are we going to see The Last Story 2? (Cue speculation/Last Story spoilers)

What I find sad is, we have all these great JRPG's coming in last few years, and they barely make a splash in the pond on gaming news.

But if a final fantasy is announced the entire gaming universe goes bonkers. Yet we have had shit final fantasy for how many years. Why do people still worship that so much and ignore all the great JRPG's that don't have final fantasy in their name.

Around the Network

Hopefully they re balance the battle system. The leveling system in the game made absolutely no sense, and there was a lack of challenge throughout the entire game.

irstupid said:
benao87 said:
I hate rumours.

Hardly a rumor.  More like speculation from a real image.

Then, I hate this kind of teasing. I have not yet played The Last Story, I intend to, and a sequel, could be a welcomed and needed support for WiiU. But, we have nothing, we can just speculate.

I guess that makes the first one The Second-to-Last Story :P

Looks really cool. If true, add this to an already impressive line-up of Wii U role-playing games.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I guess that makes the first one The Second-to-Last Story :P

Looks really cool. If true, add this to an already impressive line-up of Wii U role-playing games.

Maybe its a prequal and it will be called "the Story"  

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
What was the deal with that damn tiger? They play it up as so significant and mysterious at the beginning of the game, and it appears all of once closer to the end, in an insignificant role, and appears nowhere at the actual endgame.

Was it a representative of the Forest Guardians? Did it have something to do with Mirania?

gah.

I felt like Last Story was such a down-grade from Lost Odyssey.  Not just in graphics (which Wii can't help), but overall.  It was too short and there didn't seem to be enough to do.  It's like they didn't have time to completely finish it or something.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Mr Khan said:
What was the deal with that damn tiger? They play it up as so significant and mysterious at the beginning of the game, and it appears all of once closer to the end, in an insignificant role, and appears nowhere at the actual endgame.

Was it a representative of the Forest Guardians? Did it have something to do with Mirania?

gah.

I agree. It seemed as though it would be a big character at the start of the game and the build-up, but sorta did...nothing. 

If this can come out soon on Wii U, then I can see it being the place to go for JRPG's. Sorta like if TLS and Xenoblade were early in the Wii's life.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Screamapillar said:
Mr Khan said:

gah.

I felt like Last Story was such a down-grade from Lost Odyssey.  Not just in graphics (which Wii can't help), but overall.  It was too short and there didn't seem to be enough to do.  It's like they didn't have time to completely finish it or something.

I played Last Story after Xenoblade ... that was a real downgrade. Lost Odyssey and Last Story are in the same league.

This is only old artworks from The Last Story just revealed... And you can see "The Last World" on it (first name of the game)

Actually Mistwalker works on a tower defense for iOS -_-
http://www.nintendopolis.fr/news/the-last-story-2-en-developpement-2615.html

irstupid said:
Maybe its a prequal and it will be called "the Story"  

Or The Second-Last Story. Which works really well.