By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo ever create new Mario or Zelda?

Ok, I know this is way off topic, but there's no forum search engine so I can't find the Factor 5 thread.

You know how Factor 5 said they're working on a Wii game? Think that it might be Starfox? That would really fit.

Again, sorry for the OT, but that suddenly hit me when Starfox came up.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
Ok, I know this is way off topic, but there's no forum search engine so I can't find the Factor 5 thread.

You know how Factor 5 said they're working on a Wii game? Think that it might be Starfox? That would really fit.

That would be awesome. I think starfox or any flight sim is perfect for the wii like a fps is perfect for the wii. I didnt like starfox command for ds too much so a wii starfox should have alot of time in it to make it good. It should also have a superior wifi to starfox command because the wifi in that game sucks really bad.

uhh you mean pokemon?

stof said:

Everybody thinks that Starfox would be a shoe-in for Factor 5's particular talents, but current scuttlebutt is that they're working on Kid Icarus.

I'm not assuming anything until I see an announcement, though. I do think that Pit's appearance in Brawl indicates that Kid Icarus is on the horizon, though.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I guess Animal Crossing, if you want to count that.

Otherwise, there aren't a whole lot, Nintendo relies on the franchises it built years ago.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

I don't want Factor 5 on Star Fox or Kid Icarus. Maybe Pilotwings...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

If Kid Icarus goes FPS, there is something definatly wrong with Nintendo

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Sorry, but it's ridiculous that so many worthy candidates are thrown down because they are "casual." Face it, the fact is that gaming is changing. NintenDogs, Brain Training, and Wii____ are all quite massive hits for Nintendo.

Also, while they didn't establish new characters, Mario Kart and Smash Bros are both big titles. Both are much bigger to Nintendo than Metroid is or ever was. They should count just as much, even if they are recycling a number of existing elements. And of course (as mentioned) Pokemon is a massive deal for Nintendo. Or maybe Animal Crossing which, in only two releases, has sold 2/3 of the entire Metroid franchise's sales (10 games).

Really, the company puts out multiple new franchises every generation and most of them do reasonably well for themselves. A number of them are absurdly good. This question shouldn't even have to be asked.

Oh, and the Donkey Kong franchise is far more valuable to Nintendo than the Metroid franchise, as well, so I can't really understand why you talk Metroid up so much. Doesn't matter much, though, since basically your whole premise is wrong.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Hyperion said:
No I mean a Nintendo-made game. I really hope Third parties create great original gams, too. However, I'm just asking about Nintendo.

And Starfox has been around since the SNES, so I don't count it. Basically, games like Starfox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc. are like the princes and princesses of the Nintendo castle, while Mario, Zelda, Metroid are the Kings and Queens...Of a royal family with multiple kings and queens XD.

Zelda and Mario are the 2 of thebiggest franchises in the history of gaming! I don't think they can pull it off to make a new IP as big as those 2 kings and queens, however I'm sure they will make lots of new princes and princesses! And in their turn the princes and princesses will bear new princes and princesses

In the near future I'm thinking of the monolith rpg, perhaps even rpg's, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing mmorpg...

Let's say Nintendo does bring back Kid Icarus and the game is absolutely amazing. King or Queen status amazing. In that case, does it make your citeria hyperion?

Sure it's not a new ip, but considering it was only ever a NES and Gameboy game, the new version would be almost unrecognizable from the original. Practically a new game in every way, with even the IP feeling very different.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.