By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Solution to Wii's low memory.

We all know that nintendo will eventually have to make a hard drive,support usb hard drives, or let you play of sds with WiiWare and the ds demo channel comming out. Which would you prefer and do you think will most likely happen. I want usb hard drives to be supported because I have 2 a 160gb,and an 80gb and they are really cheap. You could get like 500gb for like 100 dollars. Sd would be my second option because I already have 2gb of sd and that is good enough for me but deleting and redownloading is such a hasle when you run out of memory from vc games. The least I would like is a hard drive manufactured by nintendo for the wii because it would most likely be expensive as is the xbox 360 hds for less than what you could get for a usb. There is no doubt Nintendo is going to try to solve its memory problem because the one Final Fantasy game coming out for Wii ware is suppose to be almost the size of the wiis memory there. Another reason why usb and sd would be easy is that it is only an update away. Thoughts?

Around the Network

I would like SD support for VC and WiiWare in the future. I dont download much off the VC so i dont need a external HDD

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

i would just use an sd card like you are supposed to use if you run low on memory.

I think it will be SD. Cheaper and already integrated into the system.

I have like 300 blocks left but I bought a sd card for my wii just in case

Around the Network

This could also leave support for demo wii games too. If they solve the memory issue.

Nintendo Alaready said that the SD is too slow for games, they will have to come out with some kind of fanky expansion, that will prevent people from running emulators and things like that

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Yeah I agree sd is too slow. My next best choice is usb hard drive. You could get a 40gb off ebay for 20 dollars and it would be enough for vc games. They just have to find a way to make it hard to pirate and then just make an update like they did with usb keyboard.

That is garbage that SD is too slow. Wii's free RAM is larger than all but the biggest N64 games. It's not like you would have to stream the game off your SD card, it could be loaded into RAM entirely.

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

catofellow said:
That is garbage that SD is too slow. Wii's free RAM is larger than all but the biggest N64 games. It's not like you would have to stream the game off your SD card, it could be loaded into RAM entirely.

Yes but the wii ware games are going to be significantly larger than n64. The one final fantasy game is suppose to be around 100-200mbs. It could seperate it into two different parts so the ram could stream both parts. The best thing imo is a usb hard drive because that allows for demo wii games. We could use both sd and usbhd. OH and i forgot to mention some neogeo games are larger than the wiis ram too. Plus you have to take some ram out for the gpu and cpu.