By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kutaragi already planning PS4

truthiness said:

I was with you until you said that the Xenon was an OoO processor.  It isn't.  It's an in-order processor.  I think the "advantage" you are talking about in regards to the Xenon being superior for games is branch prediction.  The SPE's in the Cell processor have limited branch prediction capabilities.

Around the Network

when new systems come out they are better than the previous ones, so wouldnt that mean the ps4 would be at a really hight price?

ofc sony were working on a PS4, just as its obvious nintendo's been working on a new wii since wii came out and ms been working on the 720 since 360 came out. It takes many years to develop a console. As BottledSpringWater they're probably looking at where they want the console to go and who they want to target.

They arent anymore cuz making a ps3 is cheaper than it was 8 months ago.

I heard the real cost of a ps3 was $800 (us) now its less than half of that, oh and another thing, 

ps3 is selling more than it was last year so now they are making some money from it  

Srry that was a response for Delusional post

Around the Network

It would be silly to assume that any of the three manufacturers would not already have quite detailed plans for the next generation, and most definately have conceptual plans for the generation after that.

Especially Sony needs to concider how the next playstations fit in their other home entertainment concepts during the next 10+ years. MS would also have some idea of how the future versions of Windows and especially DirectX could benefit from the development of the box and vice versa.

I think Nintendo is (again) the most interesting player, since this is their main branch of business, and they have no actual need to, for example, implement any media center capabilities if they don't want to and they don't need to concider compatibility with other systems apart from the legacy platforms. It is very likely that the nintendo consoles will always be the less powerfull, have less features outside of the immediate gaming scope, and be the cheapest of their generation.

Also, I think that Microsoft will again offer the most conservative option of the three, given their relationship to the PC world and the requirement for the console development to also benefit the Windows development. They are the most likely to rely on tested technological solutions and existing hardware types for the same reason.

All tree are most likely concidering storage and distribution issues for the next two generations to come. Will the content be streamed or downloaded to be run locally, or bought on discs from local shops. What kind of local storage technology will be used, if any. What kind of controls are used apart from the legacy controllers, and are control devices attached to the user or separate (some have speculated the use of multipel cameras to replace hand held controllers). Etc.

Paid by the alliance
to slay all the giants.

damn bring up a really old thread..

next generation

the ps3 will still do 1080p
the 360 will go from 720p to 1080p (which to alot of people is a negligable improvement visually- ie they cannot detect it...)

they will still have everything else. hdd, hdmi etc etc.

the Wii however can IMPROVE graphically the most and improve the most storage wise... the difference between 480p and 720p is very significant.

that is what i mean when i say the wii can improve the most next generation. because it will improve the most graphically, sure the other consoles graphics chips may push more polygons, but the resolution will be staying the same the wii's will improve.

lol I brought up this thread to show my very first posts as a VG member. lol

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
lol I brought up this thread to show my very first posts as a VG member. lol

You should be proud weezy...

You've come a long way, I'll grant you that much! 

Wow I didn't realise Kwaads account was active again.