By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD not standing by BR numbers ... interesting read ...

Of course. Remember when that guy who used to work for microsoft was interviewed here and he stated that NPD's weekly sales were always off hence they only paid attention to the monthlys?

Around the Network

what does it matter now.

hddvd is dead, let that crap die.

HD-DVD, R.I.P.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Toshiba's been doing this with their TVs and HD DVD players for months:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat132600050002&type=category

Nobody complained about Toshiba doing this over the Holiday season, and despite this Blu-Ray managed to gain back 15% of the standalone market.

DragonLord said:
Free or not, it's still another stand alone blu-ray player on the market (which is what matters) and worsens HD-DVD's chance of success (which officially died a few weeks ago anyhow)

it's not officially dead yet, although it is on it's deathbed

Around the Network

Without supplying any figures for the amount of BluRay players that were supposedly 'given away' this is total bollocks.

BluRay is kicking HD-DVD into an early grave. That is a fact. Deal with it.

I think everyone misunderstood.

NPD releases weekly numbers to some customers.. customer then releases a press release saying 93% of Hi def units sold where Blu Ray players. NPD says the statement was misleading and that one week's sale shouldn't be used as a measurement.

There you go.. its not NPD not trusting their own numbers, its NPD saying don't base facts on 1 weeks data.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

At least I get to see Beowulf on HDDVD before I sell the player for $50.

Note: I don't trust or like the NPD or anything, but that sounds an awful lot like, We don't comment on rumors and speculation." Maybe not in meaning, but its business jargon for "Shut up and leave us alone. When we have something to say, we'll call you."

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Lots of people cant read here, npd is the evil even if they help this site stay accurate by at least showing inaccuracies.

damn that evil npd

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.