By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - New ArmA III screens and main island name change

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:

Mar 2013 screenshots. WOW:

had to go to the site because i see no pics. they look really awesome!

btw sometimes when you post some pics i only see "photobucket", as example in your sig and in the pc gaming screenshot thread

Around the Network

like some of you may know, we can buy and play the alpha version of arma 3 since today (as example on steam) which gives you a small part of the whole game (15% of the whole map, few missions and so on). if you didn't know yet, if you buy the alpha version you get the full game for free when it releases and 3 invites for friends who can play the alpha version as well then but i believe you get the codes to invite them later and not yet. 

gamespot wrote an article about their first impressions:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/arma-iii-the-alpha-and-the-omega-6404819/?tag=Topslot%3bArmaIiiTheAlphaAndTheOmega%3bArmaIiiTheAlphaAndT

and has a video about it:

Key Features in the Alpha:

• Stratis Island
    Take your first steps in Arma 3 by exploring the 20 km² island of Stratis. Navigate its rugged terrain, expansive forests and man-made airbase.
  • Showcases
    Enjoy a taste of Arma 3’s diverse gameplay by completing the selection of Infantry, SCUBA, Vehicles and Helicopter showcases.
  • Multiplayer Scenarios
    Form a squad and team up to fight against your enemy in 2 co-operative multiplayer scenarios.
  • Vehicles & Weapons
    Master air, land, and sea with the 8 vehicles featured in the Alpha; choose your gear, pick from a collection of weapons, customize your loadout.
  • Content Creation
    Start creating your own experiences with the powerful scenario editor; create mods for others to play; and join our creative community.
  • Revamped Engine
    Navigate the battlefield with fluid new animations; feel the devastating power of combat with the upgraded sound engine, new ragdoll simulation and PhysX™-supported vehicles.

That's my game!
Greece!

riderz13371 said:
Yup that DayZ mod sure did help the developers out. Sales increased by something like 300%. Helped them with the financials. Mods are something I wish consoles could have but I understand that it's nearly impossible to create.

The studio makes most of their money creating military simulaters.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!