By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gabe Newell Is More Concerned About Apple Than Consoles

superchunk said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
superchunk said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

damit chunk you're scaring me.

no reason to be scared. You're more of a core gamer and will buy the console based on the games you want regardless of the price or other features. Same reason I buy Nintendo. I must referring to the mass market and the overall shift to all-in-one console on a TV.

i think Sony will attack the livingroom this gen. aswell, with there main focus being on games. ninty i'm sure will have little focus on that sort of thing.

is ninty your only brand? what do you think of OUYA?

Its pretty nice. But, for a TV connected Google device, Google hasn't made it yet.

I think it needs to be a device that is mearly a streaming interlink to my phone or tablet. But apple and google keep trying to make a device that replicates the OS and you'd have to use it mostly standalone with only minor control.

I basically just want a wireless interface that allows me to view my exact phone/tablet on the TV. That would be perfect and unique to each user. Their Google Q almost did exactly what I wanted but it was music only.

OUYA is game focused and will likely miss out on all the other Android awesomeness. While that's nice, if there was the simple interface I'm talking about the same thing would be solved by me just using my phone/tablet.

what do you think of OUYAS potential for creating games?

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Yeah I was not accounting for 1st party or exclusive content. The $99 price point would definitely be very attractive if they supplied quality exclusive content and not just a limited Android experience focused on 3rd party games. Of course we'll have to wait and see what games actually come out that I can't just play on my phone/tablet.

superchunk said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Yeah I was not accounting for 1st party or exclusive content. The $99 price point would definitely be very attractive if they supplied quality exclusive content and not just a limited Android experience focused on 3rd party games. Of course we'll have to wait and see what games actually come out that I can't just play on my phone/tablet.

hmmmmmm ok. never had the chance to pick your brain before. i must say it was pleasant.

Well Apple isn't concerned about him or Valve so no love lost their.