By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 90's Arcade Racer

I only found out about this game yesterday it's for pc and may becoming to wiiu as a downloadable title, i love the arcade racing games of the 90's and there trying to recapture it with this game, is anyone else interested in this if it comes to wiiu? http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/the_90s_arcade_racer_speeds_closer_to_wii_u

Around the Network

Watching the trailer takes me back to endless hours of playing Ridge Racer Revolution on the ps1, loved that game

Another article regarding the game http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/896834116/the-90s-arcade-racer

I think the arcade racer needs to make a comeback, the last decent efforts were Excite truck and Motor Storm, but not enough of these type of games get made anymore. Its all realistic simulator type driving games these days

I really loved those kind of races, I played the hell out of Excite Truck when I got it. Motor Storm almost got me to buy a Ps3.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Around the Network

Yeah loved exite truck, loved you could put your own music on there aswell

I'll buy it if it gets a decent review from Nintendo Life (usually agree with most of their reviews) and has a decent price. Was a big fan of arcade racers from the 90s.

zippy said:
I think the arcade racer needs to make a comeback, the last decent efforts were Excite truck and Motor Storm, but not enough of these type of games get made anymore. Its all realistic simulator type driving games these days

Not a fan of GTi Club: Supermini Festa?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

What was trackmania Like? I never did buy it

MegaDrive08 said:
What was trackmania Like? I never did buy it

It might not be the best thing if you want a racer.

The core mechanic involves beating lap / course times on short circuits and point-to-point tracks, much like Rally Stages. While this doesn't sound exciting on its own, it's a decent introduction to the outrageous track design, bullshit physics, and the requirement for pixel-perfect control technique.

There are also some extra modes: "Platform" involves getting airborne to clear massive gaps or obstacles in the track, without losing too many "lives" by flipping the car over. "Puzzle" requires the use of a restricted selection of parts to complete a track between two points, then to race that track within a set time. Progressing through these modes unlocks new vehicles and parts for the Track Editor, which is arguably the best thing about it.

Overall, it's a very "old-school" game with its frustrating difficulty, which will either make you hate it, or instill a masochistic desire to beat it.

If anyone else has this game already, get online and look for a custom track named "Autopelago". I made that thing!

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3