By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Should steroid users be allowed in the Hall of fame in any sport?

Fo(give and.forget?

They are losers who deserve to burn! 20 60.61%

Double jeopardy? 2 6.06%

Let them in 10 30.30%

Total:32

They're already inside. Sports Hall of Fames are already filled to the brim with cheaters. Drugs of various types have a long history in football and baseball, long before anyone thought it was an issue. Steroid use in football has been going on since the 1960s.

Truthfully, I have no idea how they're going to sort this out.

Around the Network

It's cheating, it's a bad example to kids, and it taints the sport. They should be banned from the hall of fame and all their records should be flagged as steroid use.

Steroid usage shows lack of sportsmanship to the highest degree.

But I believe in forgive and forget. If someone deserve to enter the Hall of Fame for actions made later on without taking steroids, I say let him/her in.

Eternal punishments are never fair.

we should remove all artist in the rock and roll hall of fame that used drugs.... to promote anti-drug programs...

Of course it's like cheating. You are using a performance enhancing drug to make yourself better. This shouldn't even be a question. It's not fair to those who actually deserve to be in the hall of fame for being good at the sport rather than turning to drugs in an effort to make yourself better than everyone else. 

Around the Network

If they were inducted before steroids were illegal, no reason to remove them. If they are currently using steroids, no way.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

If it weren't for steroids, we wouldn't have the NFL...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
cloud1161 said:
If they were inducted before steroids were illegal, no reason to remove them. If they are currently using steroids, no way.

Still. They were cheating because they knew what it did to your body. You make it sound like they just broke a rule and that is why they should not go in.

In that vain, players should not be allowed to use protein shakes/bars or creatine because they also alter your body, just not on the scale steroids do.  I am not saying it's right to use steroids whether legal or illegal because I would never use them, but when it was legal, I don't think those who did use them should be punished for not doing anything wrong at the time.  

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

No. They cheated. They didn't play the game the way it should be played. It's a pretty simple question, unfortunately the people running the sport obviously are not very smart and allow these things to go on. I also think athletes should not get paid the money that they do, but that's another question for another day...

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

they cheated and still made millions, before this all of fame bullshit, they should give the money back. What we are telling our kids if we don't take the money back is that it's ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught to soon that way you still get to make a great deal of money.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.