By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blackberry 10

RIM still dominates in emergent markets. At least in Mexico, they still are #1 in marketshare. i'm sure they are #1 in the middle east too. Plus they have some good contracts with different companies around the world.

So, at least for the time being, they can survive.

Around the Network

For RIM (or MS) to catch-up they need to 1-up iOS and Android big time. BB10 does not seem like it'll be a significant improvement over iPhone 5 or Galaxy III gen phones. And it's simply not good enough to be playing catch-up. For RIM that's just too little, too late. At least as far as western markets go.

It's sad, but they are probably too late. They are trying to focus on consumer market, they should simply try to hold their bussiness consumers and grab a lucrative niche of the market.

The new QNX based system from RIM is great, slick and modern. For what I've seen, BB10 is pretty similar. Their problem was timing and price, that's all.

Seem to be getting a lot of support from big name app developers. I plan on pre-ordering mine today.

I'll buy it marked down from Amazon in a year or two. I hope RIM survives so I can keep mah precious buttons.