By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 2 10.00%

A Link to the Past 10 50.00%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 10.00%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 20.00%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 5.00%

Other 1 5.00%

Total:20

Awesome. An official Zelda thread .

Unfortunately I still have to wait a while before my copy of Hyrule Historia gets to me. I didn't find a Dutch retailer selling it, so I have to get it from the UK instead.  (EDIT: Found one now, but they take 7 days too and are a couple of Euro more expensive, so no real harm done ) German and French retailers also sell it, but they're more expensive. They're releasing it today I think, but it appears to be quite a popular item (naturally, why wouldn't it ), because it takes them a few days to ship them all.

Anyway, including the travel all the way across the North Sea, it should take the book about one an a half weeks to get here. Can't wait to see it!

@ Poll: Of course, I'd take anything and the Wind Waker HD remake is a day one buy, but for me they don't really need to do anymore remakes. Ocarina 3D is very well done and the Wind Waker will be too (and even the Four Swords DSi-ware remake), but the Zelda games are never better than on the console they were first made for. Plus, it's virtually impossible to 'remake' the NES games in the traditional sense of the word unless it becomes a '3D-Classic' for 3DS. Those games are so basic, you basically have to make a whole new game with all the additions they need. The only one that is still worth it is Majora's Mask.

Around the Network

Why has this thread not happened yet?

I voted for Majora's Mask as many others have for the LoZ game that I would like to have remade. It's kind of like Ocarina of Time on LSD.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
Why has this thread not happened yet?

I voted for Majora's Mask as many others have for the LoZ game that I would like to have remade. It's kind of like Ocarina of Time on LSD.

Because you never made it. Now Veknoid had to do your dirty work!

And neither did you which is even more shocking.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Majora's Mask is a truly excellent game, so a modern update would be good. I want new games though, a Zelda HD and maybe a "New" Legend of Zelda top-down view. I did REALLY want Wind Waker HD though, since it's the only console Zelda I haven't played. I am very pleased that it's coming soon.

(picture from Zelda Universe)

It's going to look pretty beautiful. And then to think that all they did until now was render the original in higher resolution and add some extra lighting effects while they were searching for a good art-style for the new original game. Imagine what it'll look like when they've also redone some textures and increased the polygon counts!

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

[photo]

(picture from Zelda Universe)

It's going to look pretty beautiful. And then to think that all they did until now was render the original in higher resolution and add some extra lighting effects while they were searching for a good art-style for the new original game. Imagine what it'll look like when they've also redone some textures and increased the polygon counts!

Can't wait to see the finished product. This will be a great way to introduce Wind Waker to a new generation.

P.S. I'm going to post some comparison pictures in a minute.

Sorry Veknoid, I couldn't help myself =(

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

[awesome photo]

Sorry Veknoid, I couldn't help myself =(

You scooped me!

The lighting looks so good, it's amazing how much it adds. Obviously the water and sky's been upgraded too. I love the setting. I'm a huge fan of ocean and island adventures. I have a feeling this may be one of my favorite Zeldas, now that I'm old enough not to be bothered by the fact it looks like a cartoon.

TheLastStarFighter said:
The lighting looks so good, it's amazing how much it adds. Obviously the water and sky's been upgraded too. I love the setting. I'm a huge fan of ocean and island adventures. I have a feeling this may be one of my favorite Zeldas, now that I'm old enough not to be bothered by the fact it looks like a cartoon.

Am I the only one who was reminded of Wii Sports Resort by the screenshot with the windmill?