By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
Roar_Of_War said:
DanneSandin said:
So, I've been inspecting the picture from the 2nd post... And I've determined it's a fake. Notice how the S in Shard is actually overlapping the Z in Zelda - that's never happened before. Confirmed fake imo

That..doesn't confirm it's fake at all.

But I'm still more willing to bet it's fake. But an overlapping S or same colored subtitle doesn't deconfirm anything. Nintendo can do what it wants with the presentation of the Zelda title.

No, it doesn't REALLY confirm it as fake, but it's highly plausible that that picture at least is fake. Nintendo has never had overlapping letters in that way in any Zelda game

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Roar_Of_War said:
DanneSandin said:
So, I've been inspecting the picture from the 2nd post... And I've determined it's a fake. Notice how the S in Shard is actually overlapping the Z in Zelda - that's never happened before. Confirmed fake imo

But I'm still more willing to bet it's fake. But an overlapping S or same colored subtitle doesn't deconfirm anything. Nintendo can do what it wants with the presentation of the Zelda title.

No, it doesn't REALLY confirm it as fake, but it's highly plausible that that picture at least is fake. Nintendo has never had overlapping letters in that way in any Zelda game

It's happened once:

Though I agree you could argue the word 'The' doesn't really count. Still, there's been other instances of artwork in the logo from overlapping some of the letters.

S.Peelman said:
DanneSandin said:
Roar_Of_War said:
DanneSandin said:

It's happened once:

Though I agree you could argue the word 'The' doesn't really count. Still, there's been other instances of artwork in the logo from overlapping some of the letters.

I'll be damned... But still, it's still unnecesery in the case of "Shard of Nightmare" so I'll stick by me earlier statement that that pic is a fake.

DanneSandin said:
S.Peelman said:

It's happened once:

I'll be damned... But still, it's still unnecesery in the case of "Shard of Nightmare" so I'll stick by me earlier statement that that pic is a fake.

Yeah I agree, and what I meant basically, as the 'M' starts at the correct spot (halfway under the 'E'). Good catch though, made me think .

Pavolink said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

None of those involve a "geeky" nerd term as the object of the game.  Shard is a total nerd term.  The object of Zeldas are mainstream terms:  Mask, Hourglass, Princess, etc all are as well.  The weirdest title is actually Ocarina, but it's still not something you'd rip from the fantasy section at chapters.  The other fake leak we had this week about Zelda "Falling Sun" or whatever it was is way more plausible, since most people would know what a falling sun was.

The Shard thing is extra obvious because fake leaks are written by internet geeks and internet geeks love campy high fantasy and that's the only place you'd find a term like shard.

Mirrors's shard from Twilight Princess and Nightmare from Link's Awakening doesn't have anything geek.

Nightmare's all good.  Shard, nope.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Zelda U is more likely to have shat or turd in the title than shard. That's a fake leak.

I'm inclined to agree. The title just sounds...wrong. Although, like Pavolink wrote, there have been some weird Zelda titles. 

Help me out here. "Shard" is a weird word now? A shard of glass or the like sounds completely normal to me. What sounds wrong is the lack of plural, it should be "Shards of Nightmare".

Shard isn't that weird in and of itself when used like you said, in its true meaning as a small piece of broken glass.  It sounds campy when used as a collectable in a fantasy story.  Not unlike crystals.  Every cheap fantasy story or fan fiction seems to involve collecting magical crystals or shards of something.  Zelda tends to be more original and less campy.  Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass, Twilight Princess... those are excellent and rather unique names.  The worst is probably Skyward Sword, but it's not too bad.

DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Rumor: new Zelda game, titled "Shard of Nightmare," to be shown at E3.

If all of this is a fake it's a pretty good fake, I'll give it that...

Anyone know if it's from the same source or from two different ones?

kinda reminds me of Twilight Princess. I always thought Zelda U could be a sequel or closer to the TP timeline. picture looks awesome but probably fake it doesnt scream nintendo theres always some clue and this pic shows nothing.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Rumor: new Zelda game, titled "Shard of Nightmare," to be shown at E3.

If all of this is a fake it's a pretty good fake, I'll give it that...

Anyone know if it's from the same source or from two different ones?

kinda reminds me of Twilight Princess. I always thought Zelda U could be a sequel or closer to the TP timeline. picture looks awesome but probably fake it doesnt scream nintendo theres always some clue and this pic shows nothing.

Yeah, I wonder if this indeed is the real deal, if it isn't captured from a trailer or something... But like I said in a few posts above, the layout of the actual letters kinda bugs me and screams fake. See of the S is actually overlapping the Z.

The art in the background there seems kind of generic as well.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
The art in the background there seems kind of generic as well.

Yes indeed. Zelda games always have some sort of artistic visuals, which that picture lacks.