By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

The folks at Zelda Informer spotted Zelda or someone who looks like Zelda in the teaser trailer for "Hyrule Warriors."

Around the Network

Very cool thing! Not my cup pf tea, but it's exciting to see Nintendo trying new things with their IPs!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I need to see more on Hyrule Warriors. Hack & Slash games can be good or can be complete garbage. I hope there's some quality-control by Nintendo themselves. So far I didn't think it looked very good graphically, but I realize it'll probably get better closer to release.

-----

I finished A Link Between Worlds. So here's a small final-thought.

It's kind of short, even with it's abundance of dungeons... Took me 30 hours and all I missed were three heart-pieces. 100% it otherwise. Still, it's twice as long as Minish Cap, which was inexcusably short (and easy) but still. It takes me about 40 hours to finish Ocarina of Time and do most, so not all, of the stuff (up to half the Skulltula's, the other half's pointless to get, the side-quests and most heart-pieces) and it took me 73 hours to finish and 100% Skyward Sword.

Anyway, it's a good game sure, but I stand by my earlier impression that the reviews were once again exaggerating. Most dungeons were fun, but they were all a couple floors to small and none were mind-boggling. Bosses weren't very special either. Both aspects didn't really outdo their A Link to the Past predecessors.

I did love the wall-merging mechanic. It brings a lot of new puzzles and a lot of new ways to hide secrets. I think it's the best of those 'hooks' in a Zelda game since a long time. I liked the fluent, intuitive controls. The game also shines in the sound department, the rearrangements of classic music is very well done. ALttP-era music has never sounded so good before!

Naturally it was definitely worth my money and it was one of the best games I played this year, but it won't stand with what I think are the greats. It's better than the DS Zelda games for sure, and I'm someone who didn't despise Spirit Tracks, so that's something at least.

Oh yeah... What was that 'cheap puzzle' that one review was talking about?

30 hours for a non-pokemon handheld title was 'kinda short'? I think your perception is a little off.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
30 hours for a non-pokemon handheld title was 'kinda short'? I think your perception is a little off.

It is for a non-Pokémon Zelda title.

And I completed it 100% and did some general fooling around. I would take a lot longer than that to complete Link's Awakening 100%, probably the Oracle games as well. Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past, while okay they're originally console titles, took me longer to do less. It's too bad the DS didn't keep time, but I'm fairly certain Phantom Hourglass took a similar amount of hours, but I not nearly got everything there was to find (because I didn't care enough), and Spirit Tracks was longer as well.

Even when comparing to non-Zelda titles, it took me 25 hours to complete Super Mario 3D Land, and I didn't get half the Star-coins. Or RE: Revelations or Luigi's Mansion 2, which took me around 25-30 hours as well. Zelda games are usually longer than linear level-based games like these three. Yet ALBW is barely. I blame the small dungeons.

At least I'm glad it's twice as long as the incredibly short Minish Cap and ten times as long as Four Swords. And there's the replay-value of the Hero Mode as well, so in the end it's still a fairly minor complaint .

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

During its Nintendo Direct this morning, Nintendo announced Hyrule Warriors, a Dynasty Warriors-esque action game with Zelda characters, enemies, and environments.

Take a look: http://www.gamrreview.com/news/90828/hyrule-warriors-announced-for-wii-u/

*trailer*

Will you pick it up, Veknoid?

Player2 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

During its Nintendo Direct this morning, Nintendo announced Hyrule Warriors, a Dynasty Warriors-esque action game with Zelda characters, enemies, and environments.

Take a look: http://www.gamrreview.com/news/90828/hyrule-warriors-announced-for-wii-u/

*trailer*

Will you pick it up, Veknoid?

To be honest, it doesn't look great to me. I'm intrigued about the possibilities in the game, but I'm not impressed with what I've seen so far. I'm hoping what we saw in the teaser trailer was a rough, unfinished build.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

To be honest, it doesn't look great to me. I'm intrigued about the possibilities in the game, but I'm not impressed with what I've seen so far. I'm hoping what we saw in the teaser trailer was a rough, unfinished build.

Like Rol I think that what we saw is what we will get. However I think Nintendo went to Koei because they make the best selling musou games (they're very popular in Japan), and Nintendo is trying to get them on board (which I doubt it'll be a success). After all Hyrule Warriors is being made by the same team who makes all the Dynasty Warriors, Orochi Warriors... etc games. It looks bad because that's as good as a DW game gets.

If Nintendo wanted a better game Capcom makes way better musou games (at least that's my impression after playing Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires, Samurai Warriors 3 and Sengoku Basara 3).

That zelda trailer at the beginning of the thread looks like a dynasty warriors game. Disappointing.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
That zelda trailer at the beginning of the thread looks like a dynasty warriors game. Disappointing.

It looks like a Dynasty Warriors game because it's being made by the same team who makes the Dynasty Warriors games.