By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

Just published a new article on Echoes of Wisdom: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/461498/three-is-a-trend-echoes-of-wisdom-and-the-experimental-nature-of-modern-zelda/

Please check it out, and leave a comment if you'd like!

Around the Network

I really don’t like the direction of this game. I am playing through Tunic now and so far it is shaping up to be a much more enjoyable “Zelda” experience than Echoes of Wisdom will ever be. I am very sad to say that actually.

Tunic is one of those rare games that manages to use sort of a 2D Zelda formula (though it's more of a mix of Zelda and Souls) and create something that stands on its own two legs. Not without its problems, but exquisite experience.

Valdney said:

I really don’t like the direction of this game. I am playing through Tunic now and so far it is shaping up to be a much more enjoyable “Zelda” experience than Echoes of Wisdom will ever be. I am very sad to say that actually.

Well, the good news is that there are more Zelda-like games around than ever before. I would recommend the Blossom Tales, Oceanhorn, and Ittle Dew titles, if you haven’t tried them already. Death’s Door sort of fits the bill too.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Valdney said:

I really don’t like the direction of this game. I am playing through Tunic now and so far it is shaping up to be a much more enjoyable “Zeldaâ€Â experience than Echoes of Wisdom will ever be. I am very sad to say that actually.

Well, the good news is that there are more Zelda-like games around than ever before. I would recommend the Blossom Tales, Oceanhorn, and Ittle Dew titles, if you haven’t tried them already. Death’s Door sort of fits the bill too.

I'd say Death's Door is more of a Souls-like, though it scratches some similar itches as Tunic.

Hob is somewhere in 2D Zelda ballpark.

Around the Network

True. As a Zelda like experience, I very much prefer Tunic to Death’s Door. 

Valdney said:

True. As a Zelda like experience, I very much prefer Tunic to Death’s Door. 

Both are great games, but yeah, Tunic has more of that 2D Zelda feel to it - not that it tries to clone it, like many actual pixel art 2D "clones", but Zelda "feel" is definitely there, while game being quite a bit of Souls-like as well.

The Switch Lite Hyrule Edition is finally available for pre-order in the US! Check it out at Best Buy.

The special edition, which comes with a 12-month Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, retails for $209.99.

Too much new zelda news to count. But the new zelda game was the cherry on top.

BiON!@ 

Some new sales data, courtesy of Nintendo: Breath of the Wild has moved 32.05 million units on Switch, and TotK has moved 20.80 million units.

Source