By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
spurgeonryan said:
Yeah, Skyward was definitely on a guided path, unless you were in the sky, but that was really pretty small.

I wonder if the new one will be really hard? Anyone want a Demons soul type difficulty?

I don't want it to be to difficult. I like the fact that Zelda is accessible to younger players. But it should certainly be more difficult than Skyward Sword, which holds your hand far too often.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

In an interview with Wired, Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma had this to say about the new Zelda game for Wii U:

Wired: You’ve said you’re working on, past Wind Waker, an all-new Zelda game for Wii U. I know it’s very early in development, but I’m curious if you can give us any idea about what it is you’re thinking about as far as how to use the features of Wii U in a Zelda that’s made entirely for that platform.

Aonuma: That’s actually a really hard question to answer, because if I put it into words it might be misunderstood at this point. Wind Waker is kind of a test pattern for the team. In converting Wind Waker, there’s a lot to be learned. We can’t change too much, because in changing one thing you can break something else, which is not something we want to do. But it’s a shared team working on both of those projects, Wind Waker HD and the new Zelda for Wii U. Every day, they’re learning something new. As we develop the controls for Wind Waker, they’re learning how to apply those controls in the Wii U version. There’s a feedback process where when something’s discovered in development for Wind Waker, all that information is fed to the Wii U team. So we’re working on those things, polishing as we go, and all of those things — it’s a learning process, it’s a test case almost, and we’ll apply all of those learnings that we’ve acquired in developing the Wii U game.

Source: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/07/aonuma-zelda-wii-u/2/

Sounds like the traditional analog controls of Wind Waker will be used for Zelda Wii U, which means the motion controls of Skyward Sword will be shelved...at least temporarily.

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea?

I, for one, thought the motion controls in Skyward Sword were a revelation. But I suppose it would be difficult to use both the GamePad and the MotionPlus controller simultaneousy.

bold : i was expecting a  big SEA in the next zelda or atleast a river or something. I always had the feeling in TP something was missing and they even showed a demo or was it a trailer.. as far as I can remember.. link sitting in a boat in the first village.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

In an interview with Wired, Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma had this to say about the new Zelda game for Wii U:

[...]

bold : i was expecting a  big SEA in the next zelda or atleast a river or something. I always had the feeling in TP something was missing and they even showed a demo or was it a trailer.. as far as I can remember.. link sitting in a boat in the first village.

I LOVE the idea of a big river connecting the areas of the game world.

That would create even more opportunities for exploration: underwater caves, bridges, canyons, etc.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
kljesta64 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

[...]

I LOVE the idea of a big river connecting the areas of the game world.

That would create even more opportunities for exploration: underwater caves, bridges, canyons, etc.

yes great idea and would make sense what hes talking about..maybe they are creating something like the new assassing creed 4 with bigger islands then WW but I'd rather have a big river..also what musical intsrument will link use next ? ill go with a HORN

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Pavolink said:
As a Zelda fan, I don't know exactly how to feel about the new Zelda games. ALBW sounds good and ALTTP is one of the best games, but never imagined a direct sequel. I mean, MM was a direct sequel to OoT but it was different, another world, new mechanics, even if it have the same artstyle.

This time is the same artstyle in 3D but also the same world. Guess I need to give more time.

On the other hand, I was expecting WWHD to look better than what the showed. Some more "pixar" just like the first pics, but at some parts of the trailer looks like WW with just better resolution.

About the new features, well I want to see the new triforce quest and that's all.

For the first time, I have fear for the Zelda U game.

What's worrying you about the Zelda U game? Art direction? Controls? Game design?

Everything, being too much like WW, being a direct sequel of WW in the same ocean, idk.

I don't want to start a hate thread or something, but considering the 3D Mario game presentation dissapointed me, I fear Zelda follows that path.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Pavolink said:
As a Zelda fan, I don't know exactly how to feel about the new Zelda games. ALBW sounds good and ALTTP is one of the best games, but never imagined a direct sequel. I mean, MM was a direct sequel to OoT but it was different, another world, new mechanics, even if it have the same artstyle.

This time is the same artstyle in 3D but also the same world. Guess I need to give more time.

On the other hand, I was expecting WWHD to look better than what the showed. Some more "pixar" just like the first pics, but at some parts of the trailer looks like WW with just better resolution.

About the new features, well I want to see the new triforce quest and that's all.

What's worrying you about the Zelda U game? Art direction? Controls? Game design?

Everything, being too much like WW, being a direct sequel of WW in the same ocean, idk.

I don't want to start a hate thread or something, but considering the 3D Mario game presentation dissapointed me, I fear Zelda follows that path.

i expect..

1. young link

2. big river or sea(divided by two main islands)

3. musical instrument HORN lol

4. Ganon villain

5. New weapon Harpoon

Tsubasa Ozora

kljesta64 said:

i expect..

1. young link

4. Ganon villain

5. New weapon Harpoon

I'm gonna cry...

Pavolink said:
kljesta64 said:

i expect..

1. young link

4. Ganon villain

5. New weapon Harpoon

I'm gonna cry...

yea would be pretty bad if I made zelda

Tsubasa Ozora

kljesta64 said:
Pavolink said:
kljesta64 said:

i expect..

1. young link

4. Ganon villain

5. New weapon Harpoon

I'm gonna cry...

yea would be pretty bad if I made zelda

Nothing worse than CD-i games. And if you made your game more open explorable it could be good.

Pavolink said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Pavolink said:

I think Zelda Wii U will be a far cry from Wind Waker, thematically and geographically. Nintendo has already exhausted that part of the Zelda mythology with Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks anyway.

I expect something closer to the The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess in tone and design.