By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
DanneSandin said:
I want moar Zelda rumors NOOOOW!

-- According to this rumor, Nintendo is not happy with the sales of Skyward Sword. Launch was very good, but it lost its thunder quickly. They attribute this to two causes: Heavily focused on a certain gameplay idea (motion controls) and the Extra Cost for players of that idea (Motion Plus required).

Because of that, the Zelda team could have the order to make the gameplay more similar to the older ones. In that sense, Gamepad functions will be very light and nothing in the same realm of Wii Remote functions for Skyward Sword.

There's, also, a high probability that Controller Pro support is mandatory for Zelda Wii U.

The main point behind this rumored decision is simply sales. Without a heavily focused-in-motion-controls gamplay Nintendo expect sales to go up again. --

From the same source of the last rumors posted here.

The sad thing is that there were a lot of rumors behind Zelda Wii but for Zelda U there's basically nothing.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
DanneSandin said:

-- According to this rumor, Nintendo is not happy with the sales of Skyward Sword. Launch was very good, but it lost its thunder quickly. They attribute this to two causes: Heavily focused on a certain gameplay idea (motion controls) and the Extra Cost for players of that idea (Motion Plus required).

Because of that, the Zelda team could have the order to make the gameplay more similar to the older ones. In that sense, Gamepad functions will be very light and nothing in the same realm of Wii Remote functions for Skyward Sword.

There's, also, a high probability that Controller Pro support is mandatory for Zelda Wii U.

The main point behind this rumored decision is simply sales. Without a heavily focused-in-motion-controls gamplay Nintendo expect sales to go up again. --

The sad thing is that there were a lot of rumors behind Zelda Wii but for Zelda U there's basically nothing.

Nice find!

Athough it seems to go against another rumor that claimed the GamePad will be essential for the next Zelda.

"The next Zelda won’t just use the GamePad, it’ll take it to a new level with never before seen features, showing just what’s possible. In fact, the game is said to have been influential to the design of the controller to begin with. 'At least one of the hardware features added to the GamePad were solely implemented because the Zelda team figured out they could do something cool with it.'"

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zelda-game-coming-2014/

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Nice find!

Athough it seems to go against another rumor that claimed the GamePad will be essential for the next Zelda.

"The next Zelda won’t just use the GamePad, it’ll take it to a new level with never before seen features, showing just what’s possible. In fact, the game is said to have been influential to the design of the controller to begin with. 'At least one of the hardware features added to the GamePad were solely implemented because the Zelda team figured out they could do something cool with it.'"

I wonder what feature. I doubt NFC. What other capabilities has the gamepad?

Pavolink said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Nice find!

Gyroscope, accelerometer, camera...I think it even has a geomagnetic sensor.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Pavolink said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Nice find!

Gyroscope, accelerometer, camera...I think it even has a geomagnetic sensor.

Hmm, well. Let's see what rumor was near the true.

The only thing we can be sure is that the next Zelda game for Wii U won't be a Fours Swords with NFC figurines as items to collect during the quest...

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
DanneSandin said:

But having the pro controller made mandatory is just repeating the same mistake as forcing  you to use motion+! Seems odd.

Anyways, thanks for the rumor! We need to keep them coming :p

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Will Zelda 3DS be unveiled next week?

Zelda Informer thinks it's a possibility:

"Phantom Hourglass was revealed back during GDC in 2006. It was slated to come out in 2006 but ultimately didn't make it's debut until 2007. Its direct sequel, Spirit Tracks, was first shown at GDC in 2009, and later released that holiday season. That means the last 2 iterations of handheld Zelda love were shown off at GDC. The Game Developer Conference is just next week and it has become very common to see a few new game announcements every year at the event despite it being about game developers more so than fans and media. That being said, we are long overdue to be visiting Hyrule in an all new handheld experience. Who wants to set the official betting line for a reveal next week?"

Veknoid_Outcast said:

"Phantom Hourglass was revealed back during GDC in 2006. It was slated to come out in 2006 but ultimately didn't make it's debut until 2007. Its direct sequel, Spirit Tracks, was first shown at GDC in 2009, and later released that holiday season. That means the last 2 iterations of handheld Zelda love were shown off at GDC. The Game Developer Conference is just next week and it has become very common to see a few new game announcements every year at the event despite it being about game developers more so than fans and media. That being said, we are long overdue to be visiting Hyrule in an all new handheld experience. Who wants to set the official betting line for a reveal next week?"

Could happen, they are bringing their A game with Zelda this year. See the smart thing to do for Nintendo imo is a remake which their doing this year for Wii U (WW) and 3DS needs a new fledge game, then next year holiday bring the Remake of MM for 3DS and Wii U Zelda holiday(2014) or (2015) if they cant get it ready!

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I believe Iwata is not going to the GDC, so I expect it in a ND or a Zelda Direct.

I really hope that Zelda 3DS gets revealed soon and I hope it will take the path of the Wind Waker timeline.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David