By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
Wooah! That drawing is pretty epic! I hope the next Zelda is an epic adventure in the line of OoT and LoZ!!

But what do you guys think the 3DS Zelda will be like?

My money is on a 3D Zelda using the engine from Ocarina of Time 3D. The question is: what will be the hook?

Every Zelda game has a hook -- 72 hour timeline, sailing across an ocean, the ability to shrink down to microscopic size -- so what will it be for Zelda 3DS?

If I was Nintendo, I would incorporate the 3D technology in some new and creative way.

Yeah, I wouldn't be the least surprised if they used the OoT 3D engine - perhaps a little more polished. And I can imagine the hook will actually be 3D - kind of in the same way SM3DL used 3D...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Just got Zelda: Hyrule Historia today! It's amazing :D Every page have something new I didn't knew about! If you are a fan of Zelda you NEED to get this! 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Lots of love for EAD in the poll.

Retro currently second in voting. I wonder what the "other" votes are?

I honestly think that Retro could do a better job than EAD could. I mean, i feel like they made 2 Metroid games that are better than anything Nintendo themselves have put out, and frankly the last 4 Zelda games (TP, SS, ST, PH) have all been poor to say the least.

Retro would never get the chance on consoles, but on handhelds, well it just makes sense.

Have Retro develop the 3DS Zelda, putting all of the Zelda team on the Wii U version. I think this would spark competition, and some really good Zelda, which is something we haven't had since WW.

Mensrea said:
I honestly think that Retro could do a better job than EAD could. I mean, i feel like they made 2 Metroid games that are better than anything Nintendo themselves have put out, and frankly the last 4 Zelda games (TP, SS, ST, PH) have all been poor to say the least.

Retro would never get the chance on consoles, but on handhelds, well it just makes sense.

Have Retro develop the 3DS Zelda, putting all of the Zelda team on the Wii U version. I think this would spark competition, and some really good Zelda, which is something we haven't had since WW.

The handheld Zelda's took a turn and is different but still good in there on way! SS was cool, but TP is by farvmy Fav of all LoZ titles! OoT brought a new era of course. My second fav LoZ is a link to the past (SNES). Also Yea Metroid is pure Awesomeness! Samus is by far the Baddest chick in gaming!

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
Wooah! That drawing is pretty epic! I hope the next Zelda is an epic adventure in the line of OoT and LoZ!!

But what do you guys think the 3DS Zelda will be like?

My money is on a 3D Zelda using the engine from Ocarina of Time 3D. The question is: what will be the hook?

Every Zelda game has a hook -- 72 hour timeline, sailing across an ocean, the ability to shrink down to microscopic size -- so what will it be for Zelda 3DS?

If I was Nintendo, I would incorporate the 3D technology in some new and creative way.

Yeah, I wouldn't be the least surprised if they used the OoT 3D engine - perhaps a little more polished. And I can imagine the hook will actually be 3D - kind of in the same way SM3DL used 3D...

The hook will be hot air balloons and I still think that they will use an updated version of the DS Zelda engine or rather the Wind Waker engine.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

AlphaCielago said:
DanneSandin said:

The hook will be hot air balloons and I still think that they will use an updated version of the DS Zelda engine or rather the Wind Waker engine.

Hmm, you might be right about the DS engine. Maybe the Ocarina engine will be saved for a Majora's Mask remake.

Maybe it will look something like this? Just replace Pikachu with Link :P

Is it not already pretty much done? What was that Zelda game they have shown on wiiU in 2011?

According to Zelda Universe, someone on Craigslist was selling limited edition prints of Hyrule Historia for marked-up prices. He had collected over 40 copies, about 1% of the total print run.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

According to Zelda Universe, someone on Craigslist was selling limited edition prints of Hyrule Historia for marked-up prices. He had collected over 40 copies, about 1% of the total print run.

Wow.

How does one attain 40 copies of the Collector's Edition?? I couldn't even get one .