By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Here's a blog post from games.com.

The author suggests seven developers that could bring the Zelda series to new heights.

His suggestions:

Team Ninja
Retro Studios
Former staff from Vigil Games
Monolith Soft
Mistwalker
Platinum Games
From Software

Thoughts?

team ninja?! ROFL!!

No, this list isn't good... The only option I really like is Retro, but I think Monolith could do pretty good things too!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Retro or Monolith would do an amazing job with Zelda. I don't really want Monolith to take it on, though, because I want them working on their amazing RPG's. They are possibly my new favorite developer, and their series my new favorite.

I think Retro would be perfect for Zelda. It's a game that has traditionally appealed much more to western audiences, and more western-themed ones like TP sell the best. They could give a fresh injection and the Nintendo Zelda team could re-invigorate themselves and work on a new IP.

That said, I really like what was said about the direction of Zelda U. If Nintendo EAD recapture the open-world roots of the series, make it big, beautiful and fun to play with excellent music, I will be so very excited.

spurgeonryan said:
Nintendo should make Zelda Wii U. I am adamant about that!

Agreed 100%.

Definitely not Team Ninja after the Metroid fiasco.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

TheLastStarFighter said:
Retro or Monolith would do an amazing job with Zelda. I don't really want Monolith to take it on, though, because I want them working on their amazing RPG's. They are possibly my new favorite developer, and their series my new favorite.

I think Retro would be perfect for Zelda. It's a game that has traditionally appealed much more to western audiences, and more western-themed ones like TP sell the best. They could give a fresh injection and the Nintendo Zelda team could re-invigorate themselves and work on a new IP.

That said, I really like what was said about the direction of Zelda U. If Nintendo EAD recapture the open-world roots of the series, make it big, beautiful and fun to play with excellent music, I will be so very excited.

I couldn't agree more. Monolith could do some great things with Zelda - but I'd rather see them work on their own thing.

Retro would be a great fit for Zelda! But I'd like to see what they can do by themselves :P

I feel that Zelda U can be THE best Zelda since OoT, perhaps in the series!! I feel very encouraged by what they had to say in the ND

How the hell is this thread falling of my VGbuddy all the time?
Well time to take it back now.
To be on topic, I will say that I think Capcom could do justice to the series, specifically the handheld titles.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
AlphaCielago said:
How the hell is this thread falling of my VGbuddy all the time?
Well time to take it back now.
To be on topic, I will say that I think Capcom could do justice to the series, specifically the handheld titles.

Capcom did an excellent job with Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Minish Cap. I would definitely trust them to do another 2D Zelda.

Miiverse artists continue to kick serious butt.

Iwata announced a dedicated Zelda forum on Miiverse.

Wooah! That drawing is pretty epic! I hope the next Zelda is an epic adventure in the line of OoT and LoZ!!

But what do you guys think the 3DS Zelda will be like?

DanneSandin said:
Wooah! That drawing is pretty epic! I hope the next Zelda is an epic adventure in the line of OoT and LoZ!!

But what do you guys think the 3DS Zelda will be like?

My money is on a 3D Zelda using the engine from Ocarina of Time 3D. The question is: what will be the hook?

Every Zelda game has a hook -- 72 hour timeline, sailing across an ocean, the ability to shrink down to microscopic size -- so what will it be for Zelda 3DS?

If I was Nintendo, I would incorporate the 3D technology in some new and creative way.