By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

Majoras Mask Remake= Worst kept secret

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
AlphaCielago said:
Majoras Mask Remake= Worst kept secret

Yup that's pretty much how I feel. May as well just announce it already.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

MM3D would probably get made by Grezzo, I can't remember any title they made since OoT3D other than StreetPass Garden...

And Four Swords was remade (at least it had new content) only three years ago (Anniversary edition).

Edit: Grezzo also made the Four Swords Anniversary Edition, I just read on their site.

Yep.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

Well who knows with Nintendo, right? Or it could be that Grezzo's last project planner found another job or got fired? Anyways, I think this is hinting at a MM remake - and I hope it's for the 3DS, and not the Wii U. Either that or a ALTTP remake for the 3DS, but that seems quite unlikely... I think it's fair to say that MM is the most requested remake of any Zelda title atm, so why remake something like Four Swords?

I don't think it would be a remake; I'm thinking more of a digital-only follow-up to Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures. I would definitely prefer a MM remaster, if only so I can get my wife to play it (she's playing through Ocarina on 3DS now) but I don't want to get my hopes too high.

I don't know if they would do a digital only Zelda game... And why would they follow up on Four Swords? I think if Grezzo is involved it's a remake, not a whole new adventure. If they follow up on 4Swords it's EAD that'll do that

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

TomaTito said:

Pretty interesting findings, nice work.

Here is an additional gamexplain analysis of the trailer:

That's a great vid! And it gave me some more to think about.

After watching this analyzes I'm more inclined to believe that this will be a sequel to SS. Why? Because of the statues and the "lost technologies". What do I mean by that? I mean the beast-machine that attacks Link, and Link's speciel arrow. I believe both of these items are of an old and now lost civilization, from before the Hylians escapted to the sky i Skyloft.

Considering the beast-machine and the statues are all covered in moss and grass, and feature similar design, I believe these are from an ancient time that were more advanced than what we are used to see in Zelda games. Something has awaken these machines and are using this old technology, I believe. This forces Link to adapt and fight fire with fire, hence his special arrow.

Ancient old technology, that's what we're looking at, and I believe that fits very well with a sequel to SS.

Around the Network

Yeah, that seems to refer to Majora's Mask. At least something Zelda related, but I don't see Grezzo doing a whole new game (even a Four Swords one, which I'm personally not really anticipating anyway) so it's probably MM3D. Would be a good game to release during the later stages of the 3DS's life.

Also, I'm hoping the name of the new game will start with a 'U'. Just because it can. I'm also hoping there'll be a Mario game called 'Universe'. They should have named Smash 'Ultimate'. I'd like that.

Nintentacle said:

Please don't tell me if I break a pot, it will stay broken!

They actually wanted to do that in the original Ocarina of Time.

Back when it was supposed to come out for the N64DD, they had pretty wild visions of things like pots staying broken forever and footprints being left in the snow for a long time. The storage of the disc drive was thought to be able to make that possible, but after a while they found that stuff like that would be hard to implement. When the game got moved to regular N64 (when the DD flopped and wouldn't release outside Japan), the idea was definitely out of the window.

S.Peelman said:

Nintentacle said:

Back when it was supposed to come out for the N64DD, they had pretty wild visions of things like pots staying broken forever and footprints being left in the snow for a long time. The storage of the disc drive was thought to be able to make that possible, but after a while they found that stuff like that would be hard to implement. When the game got moved to regular N64 (when the DD flopped and wouldn't release outside Japan), the idea was definitely out of the window.

Would be cool to see some of those ideas implemented in the new game!

Anyone here thinks that MM3D, if it "exists" has a chance to beat MM on N64 in sales?

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

AlphaCielago said:
Anyone here thinks that MM3D, if it "exists" has a chance to beat MM on N64 in sales?

No I dont think so. No remake has ever sold more than the original, and if OoT3D couldnt outsell OoT64 MM3D doesnt stand a chance.

S.Peelman said:

Yeah, that seems to refer to Majora's Mask. At least something Zelda related, but I don't see Grezzo doing a whole new game (even a Four Swords one, which I'm personally not really anticipating anyway) so it's probably MM3D. Would be a good game to release during the later stages of the 3DS's life.

Also, I'm hoping the name of the new game will start with a 'U'. Just because it can. I'm also hoping there'll be a Mario game called 'Universe'. They should have named Smash 'Ultimate'. I'd like that.

Nintentacle said:

Thank god they didn't do that. Since I kept breaking a certain pot for money in Lon Lon Ranch, it would have tooken me forever to get Epona when I wasn't as good at the game!