By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
AlphaCielago said:
Pavolink said:
So, I think this game will occur at the same time of Wind Waker but in the child timeline.

How do you mean? After TP?

Or before. This will be the big Hyrule kingdoom that TP promises us. Or at least I believe.

My other theory is this game being a direct sequel to Skyward Sword and Link is set to explore the limitis of the recently funded Hyrule (?) kingdoom.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
AlphaCielago said:
Pavolink said:
So, I think this game will occur at the same time of Wind Waker but in the child timeline.

How do you mean? After TP?

Or before. This will be the big Hyrule kingdoom that TP promises us. Or at least I believe.

My other theory is this game being a direct sequel to Skyward Sword and Link is set to explore the limitis of the recently funded Hyrule (?) kingdoom.

That'd actually make some kind of sense. The world doesn't look as it had several cities, but then again that's a problem that has been occuring consistently in the series. I hope that they make more towns in this one, I want to see a fulfledged Goron City and Zora city.

I do wonder if there'll be any deserts in the game. Hopefully the next few directs will show us something.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Here's the timeline to prove my point:

As you can see, there's a mark before Twilight Princess and I think this game could fit here.

My problem right now is Ganondorf. He was captured after Link came back in time from the adult time line and then executed/send to the Twili. This would mean the main boss should be another guy/gal.

For Skyward Sword sequel there's no problem as we can see the first reincarnation of Demise as the main boss.

AlphaCielago said:

That'd actually make some kind of sense. The world doesn't look as it had several cities, but then again that's a problem that has been occuring consistently in the series. I hope that they make more towns in this one, I want to see a fulfledged Goron City and Zora city.

I do wonder if there'll be any deserts in the game. Hopefully the next few directs will show us something.

I believe the mountain crushed at the middle right in line wih Link at the horizon could be some kind of entrance to Gerudo Valley.

Finally had a chance to watch the Nintendo Direct yesterday :)

Like S.Peelman, I would have really loved to see some actual gameplay (although Aonuma seems to identify what we saw as gameplay? Maybe in-engine video?) but the ideas behind the game, as expressed by Aonuma, are very interesting. The art style is intriguing also -- almost a mixture of the watercolor, cel-shaded, and "realistic" art styles we've seen in the last three console Zelda adventures.

Here's quote from Aonuma last year in June. I think it sums up the style appropriately:

"The thing about Zelda is we want everything to be unique, whether it's the graphical presentation or the gameplay. It has to be something you can't see anywhere else. We wouldn't want it to be ultra-realistic because you can see that elsewhere. But I can't say that it's going to be cartoony-realistic like you mentioned, the fantastic presentation that we've already done in the past. It will be something new."

As for Hyrule Warriors, I concur with Rol that it's shaping up rather nicely. I've been pessimistic about the game since the original reveal, but the addition of multiple playable characters and two-player mode is slowly changing my mind.

Last but not least, I want to thank DanneSandin for keeping this thread going strong over the past week. He did an awesome job :)

Around the Network

^^
I think it's similar to the Uncharted 4 trailer. This was indeed real WiiU footage, but I doubt the gameplay will have such dramatic camera angles. Wouldn't be surprised if the chasing enemy was fully scripted as well and that won't really happen to such extent in-game as well (like, he a broke bridge).

I do have to rectify my blunt statement about Nintendo's E3 earlier in this thread though, it wasn't that bad at all. In hindsight I was actually quite surprised by a couple of thing. I think Captain Toad is a good idea, I liked what we saw about the Zelda game (even if it was little) and I think the Treehouse was an excellent idea.

S.Peelman said:
^^
I think it's similar to the Uncharted 4 trailer. This was indeed real WiiU footage, but I doubt the gameplay will have such dramatic camera angles. Wouldn't be surprised if the chasing enemy was fully scripted as well and that won't really happen to such extent in-game as well (like, he a broke bridge).

I do have to rectify my blunt statement about Nintendo's E3 earlier in this thread though, it wasn't that bad at all. In hindsight I was actually quite surprised by a couple of thing. I think Captain Toad is a good idea, I liked what we saw about the Zelda game (even if it was little) and I think the Treehouse was an excellent idea.

I agree. The information was spread across three different events -- Digital Event, Treehouse, Smash Bros. invitational -- so it was a little more diffuse than I would have liked, but Nintendo still "won" E3 as far as I'm concerned. I think it was Nintendo > Ubisoft > Microsoft > Sony > EA.

That being said, overall this E3 was disappointing and, surprisingly, boring. Even Nintendo, which "won," had a rather slow-moving and by-the-numbers presentation.

I don't understand where you are coming from guys. This e3 was solid! I thought everyone had a good conference; it was all about the games! But I do think Sony could have shortened thier conference...

Anyways, I think this new Zelda will be a sequel to SS or a prequel to either ALTTP or WW. How come I think that? The lack of a Castle in Hyrule Field. You can actually see a town/ruins in the distance below the mountains.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

http://www.gengame.net/2014/06/report-grezzo-hiring-to-make-a-legend-could-be-majoras-mask-3d/

Grezzo Hiring To Make A ‘Legend,’ Could Be Majora’s Mask 3D

Will it happen? How many will cry if this is true? Is the wait over?

Quickly now, change the title of the thread to "Majoras Mask 3DS Confirmed?!"

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I have no clue about the timeline placement for Zelda U... Nintendo makes the story, and then decides where it goes in the time, apparently, so... yeah.

I'd wait for more information before speculating!