By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.85M Units & TotK Sells 20.61M Units

Which LEGO Deku Tree set would you build, if you had to choose one?

Ocarina of Time 5 83.33%

Breath of the Wild 1 16.67%

Total:6

Tbh, I don’t expect a 2D or old 3D titles coming anytime soon.

And talking about the story, I found the one in BotW the one I may like more than any other. I loved the lore and the characters. Also, it is a pretty sad story in my opinion.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

And talking about the story, I found the one in BotW the one I may like more than any other. I loved the lore and the characters. Also, it is a pretty sad story in my opinion.

I hope you are wrong about a 2D Zelda. LttP, the Oracle games and MC are some of my favorite Zelda games.

The story is great, but you have to work hard to piece it together. No, I am not talking about the memories as I thought it was a good way to tell a story. I mean the dialogue and journals that help piece the memories together forming a great story. I want the next Zelda to be a little easier for the player to put together.

... A third of the game in the past, preparing for war in a lush and colorful world and the remaining two thirds spent in a futuristic world ...

But, isn’t this kinda the Ocarina of Time progression template? With 3 dungeons in the past plus 5 in the future.

Victorlink87 said:
Pavolink said:

I hope you are wrong about a 2D Zelda. LttP, the Oracle games and MC are some of my favorite Zelda games.

The story is great, but you have to work hard to piece it together. No, I am not talking about the memories as I thought it was a good way to tell a story. I mean the dialogue and journals that help piece the memories together forming a great story. I want the next Zelda to be a little easier for the player to put together.

Ah, the Zelda’s and King’s diaries were frightening to me. The last page of the three files ended abruptly at the awakening of the calamity ganon.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

This made me want to replay Skyward Sword.

Iirc, this is the fountain at Eldin near the volcano, is it?

Pavolink said:
Victorlink87 said:

Ah, the Zelda’s and King’s diaries were frightening to me. The last page of the three files ended abruptly at the awakening of the calamity ganon.

Yes. The King's last line wrenched my heart.

The weapon Break mechanic was a Horror for. Not because i couldnt handle it but There are so many good weapon Designs and i want Them forever. I cant. But maybe they could make a very Long Quest where you can make it at the end of the Quest unbreakable. Only 1 weapon per quest. But this Quest must be hard. 

I don't think weapon break should be in the next game since it didn't allow you to play the game as you wanted. There were certain areas that were almost impossible to pass, not because the enemies were challenging, but because once you went through the effort of learning how to counter them - by that point your weapons were already broken. Basically it was not that different from just locking you out of the content until you were much later in the game with better items, and while you could still technically kill the enemies with the remote bombs, it took a lot of time and was just generally not fun at all. Combat should prioritize skill over a durability meter.

I'm sure that the fast improv combat can be recreated in other ways besides just having weapon durability.

I like gear deteriorating mechanisms, I just don't like the way it was implemented in BotW. In addition to weapons, armour and shields should get damaged as well, but there also needs to be blacksmiths and armourers to repair them.

EDIT: Just watched that SS vs BotW video, pretty good comparison. Laughed so hard when he summed BotW story (in the voice of King Rhoam) as "Link, fuck around until Hyrule is saved" (especially considering how much I've talked around here about fucking around in BotW).

I said it somewhere before, BotW made me appreciate SS much more and gave me desire to replay it.

Last edited by HoloDust - on 27 January 2019