By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Nintendo Announces TLOZ: Echoes of Wisdom

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 2 66.67%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 1 33.33%

Total:3

"Huge Open World"...

I'm not sure what I need to think about "Rethinking Zelda Conventions" yet, I mean, aren't those what made us love the series in the first place? But no, I know they won't change it that drastically and from the looks of it they actually mean something more along the lines of "Harking back to ye olden days", which I'm more than okay with obviously .

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
"Huge Open World"...

I'm not sure what I need to think about "Rethinking Zelda Conventions" yet, I mean, aren't those what made us love the series in the first place? But no, I know they won't change it that drastically and from the looks of it they actually mean something more along the lines of "Harking back to ye olden days", which I'm more than okay with obviously .

Some conventions really need to be re-thought. Id much rather enjoy something like the original game in 3d than another OoT rehash. Not that OoT is bad, mind you! I just wanna see more exploration and action this time around

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
S.Peelman said:
"Huge Open World"...

Some conventions really need to be re-thought. Id much rather enjoy something like the original game in 3d than another OoT rehash. Not that OoT is bad, mind you! I just wanna see more exploration and action this time around

I agree, for now it still looks like they're doing all the right things !

DanneSandin said:
S.Peelman said:
"Huge Open World"...

After playing A Link Between Worlds, I wouldn't be surprised if combat and exploration took a front seat in Zelda for Wii U. The problem, as always, is that it's much easier to manage combat in a two-dimensional space. Still, with a world so big, exploration should be a big factor for the next Zelda.

But I do understand Peelman's point. If you change the formula too much, it stops being Zelda.

As long as they give you actually meaningful things to explore and do I'm fine with a vast overworld.
In past games I've often maxed out Link's wallet, with nothing to do with all those thousands of rupees. And then you just kept finding more and more hordes of treasure chests with yet more rupees. -_-' So pointless.

Maybe it would be cool if you could give away stuff. Like, help people in need. Collect treasure, then give it to a village that was wrecked by a monster attack (like that thing in the reveal trailer). That'd be neat, and it would give you an actual use for all that loot.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
DanneSandin said:
S.Peelman said:
"Huge Open World"...

I agree, for now it still looks like they're doing all the right things !

I now, and that kinda has me worried a bit: I might be so let down by the game after all this build up and hype, that I might end up thinking it sucks, when, in fact, it's a really good game

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
S.Peelman said:
"Huge Open World"...

After playing A Link Between Worlds, I wouldn't be surprised if combat and exploration took a front seat in Zelda for Wii U. The problem, as always, is that it's much easier to manage combat in a two-dimensional space. Still, with a world so big, exploration should be a big factor for the next Zelda.

But I do understand Peelman's point. If you change the formula too much, it stops being Zelda.

I agree that changing too much isn't good, but just... tweak what you already have and it'll be fine =)

What I really want to see is "puzzle enemies", like in OoT, TP and SS. I really liked how you had to learn technics in TP to beat certain enemies. More of that! And I liked how you had to slize certain enemies in a certain way in SS

spurgeonryan said:
Exploration with real results!^

Not just finding some rupees that do nothing. They need a huge amount of things to buy with rupees. Dlc! Either get stuff with real world money or every thousand rupee equals a dollar towards in game dlc. You can still earn the stuff as well though, so none of it is real dlc, but they just make swords and such attainable by long hours of rupee grinding as well.
Also, not Shadow of colossus type exploration, I want to find more than empty lost cities or buildings.

There is always so much potential and ideas they could use but either seem afraid to or are not capable. They always make good Zelda games, but I know there is plenty more they can do. Especially this time around.

JJ abrams it Nintendo! Reboot Zelda!

I totally agree (with parts of what you said)! I want lots of things to do, find and explore! I really want this to be the original Zelda in 3d - kind of

DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I agree that changing too much isn't good, but just... tweak what you already have and it'll be fine =)

What I really want to see is "puzzle enemies", like in OoT, TP and SS. I really liked how you had to learn technics in TP to beat certain enemies. More of that! And I liked how you had to slize certain enemies in a certain way in SS

Oh, that was great, especially in Skyward Sword. Even battles with minor enemies were fun because you had to use a specific strategy.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Oh, that was great, especially in Skyward Sword. Even battles with minor enemies were fun because you had to use a specific strategy.

I know! Now, I don't want EVERY enemy to be a "puzzle", some you just wanna be able to run through, but I sure wouldn't mind more mini boss' type of enemies