By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 23.08%

A Link to the Past 11 42.31%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 11.54%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 15.38%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 3.85%

Other 1 3.85%

Total:26
irstupid said:
Zelda has always been powerful.

Project M doesn't count as an official Smash. :kappa:

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Hoping Link is improved. I like maining him.

Zelda has always been powerful. She is especially cheap in brawls with multiple people. Too easy to pick off kills and such with her side B.

You must not have done much 1v1 with her, as she's terrible there. She's a decent support character on a team and can last to the last two in a free for all in my experience for the reasons you mention, but even that will probably be nerfed in this game as all the new mechanics seem to point to a game that gives much greater reward to aggressive play styles over defensive or avoidant ones. I'm hopeful that they did more to change her character than just the aesthetic changes they've showed off so far, or she'll probably be bottom tier, if not worst character.

Some images from the The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia:

Source

HylianSwordsman said:
irstupid said:
Hoping Link is improved. I like maining him.

Zelda has always been powerful. She is especially cheap in brawls with multiple people. Too easy to pick off kills and such with her side B.

You must not have done much 1v1 with her, as she's terrible there. She's a decent support character on a team and can last to the last two in a free for all in my experience for the reasons you mention, but even that will probably be nerfed in this game as all the new mechanics seem to point to a game that gives much greater reward to aggressive play styles over defensive or avoidant ones. I'm hopeful that they did more to change her character than just the aesthetic changes they've showed off so far, or she'll probably be bottom tier, if not worst character.

I never play one on one. Always play with a group, items on, ect.

I play for fun. Not some elitist melee player.

mZuzek said:
irstupid said:

You're either a casual group player who plays for fun, or some elitist melee player who can't have fun.

Yeah...

I consider someone who says "wtf are you using X character, they are low tier" as a elitists.

This is a video game. If you need to win so bad that you feel the need to always use top tier players and bad talk others who don't then your an elitist. It's the same as the pokemon community. If I go to play someone online in a battle and I get made fun of for using pokemon that are in a certain teir, then your pathetic in my eyes and are forgetting the purpose of games.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
HylianSwordsman said:

That's fine. I don't play competitively either. I've only ever played at parties with friends, or single player vs CPU when I'm by myself, but in neither scenario did I avoid 1 v 1s. My friends would do mostly group matches with items on, but every once and a while we'd mix it up with a 1 v 1, particularly if a group match was really close between two people. But even in groups, I just find it less fun when one character is so much worse than the others that you can only win with them if you're miles better than everyone else. So when I say bottom tier, I don't mean it in an elitest "what do you mean you're not using one of the three good characters!" way that some people do, I just mean that tiers do definitely exist, and while it's possible to have fun with any character, some characters are objectively worse, and thus can be more frustrating to play with in certain situations, especially 1v1 with no items. I once saw a team tier list, and Zelda did much better there, precisely because of that side B. I love using that thing in big groups, so much fun. Still, I wish she was better, so that when I get swarmed by an aggressive player, either in a group or at the end of the battle when it's just me and them left, I have better options. She needs a buff, and a good one.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

(..)

Source

Got an email yesterday evening that it had shipped, preordered it some time ago. Looks amazing, I love these books.. was contemplating whether or not I should get this or the regular blue version because that one fits nicely together with the A&A and HH books, but a Special Edition is well, Special.

Zelda | The Best Parts, by Parade Magazine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwsEPhZ4e4E

S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

(..)

Source

Got an email yesterday evening that it had shipped, preordered it some time ago. Looks amazing, I love these books.. was contemplating whether or not I should get this or the regular blue version because that one fits nicely together with the A&A and HH books, but a Special Edition is well, Special.

This thing is super pretty and super awesome by the way.