By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 24.00%

A Link to the Past 10 40.00%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 12.00%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.00%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.00%

Other 1 4.00%

Total:25

Nintendo is offering two Zelda packages during this Black Friday.

The first is a "Link Green" 2DS system with Ocarina of Time 3D pre-installed. MSRP is $79.99.

The second is a BotW bundle with game, 100-page explorer's guide, and 2-sided map. It'll cost $59.99.

Source

Around the Network

Finally got around to beating Ganon. I was putting it off for weeks. Months even, trying to complete as many other things as possible. But now it's done. I wanted it to be done before the expansion pack releases. Also, now I can finally buy the strategy guide because there's nothing to spoil anymore.

Or is there?

So I went out to find and complete every shrine, did every side-quest (I think), found all the memories, completed the encyclopedia, found and upgraded every piece of clothing, went exploring literally everywhere and found every town and area (again, I think) and beaten the four Divine Beasts and finally Ganon. Final score is a whopping 220 hours and 34 minutes.

And then I looked at the completion statistic that's put on the map after beating the game...

54.67%.

What? 0.0

But I guess those seeds just count for a lot then...

Needless to say, but still, I'll say it again, the game's absolutely brilliant. Before this I couldn't have imagined there'd ever be another game that would even get close to threaten my all-time favorites in my list for the upcoming Top 50 Favorite Games thread.

The vivid, varied, realistic, majestic, grand and beautiful world is the best game-world I've ever played. The physics engine making it all the more enticing, giving you a level of interaction with it and an ability to think out of the box I've never seen. You are sucked into it, and there are no restrictions. The structure of the game is as such that even though you're never really told what to do or where to go, you're never at a loss for what to do or how to proceed, because no matter where you go there's always something to find and a new way to move forward. They've found the perfect balance.

The Shrines and the Divine Beast were great, there's clever puzzles to find and because of the physics I've found clever ways of completing them. They all have a 'true solution', but I'm sure I've cheated my way through a handful with tricky bow shots, tight gliding manouvers and clever use of the four powers on anything in the environment, giving me a great sense of accomplishment. These substitutes for dungeons are one of the only smudges in the game's otherwise near-perfectly shining shell however, because none of these can really stand comfortably alongside real, long and themed dungeons of Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword calibur.

The same goes for the bosses, of which there aren't many, and none as epic as the best from other games. I liked the first phase of Ganon though, but with the second phase I think it's safe to say that Ocarina of Time retains the crown of containing the most epic endgame.

A brilliant game like I said, and it'll stand tall and proud among my favorites, probably for a very long time, if not forever.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 05 November 2017

S.Peelman said:

Finally got around to beating Ganon. I was putting it off for weeks. Months even, trying to complete as many other things as possible. But now it's done. I wanted it to be done before the expansion pack releases. Also, now I can finally buy the strategy guide because there's nothing to spoil anymore.

Or is there?

So I went out to find and complete every shrine, did every side-quest (I think), found all the memories, completed the encyclopedia, found and upgraded every piece of clothing, went exploring literally everywhere and found every town and area (again, I think) and beaten the four Divine Beasts and finally Ganon. Final score is a whopping 220 hours and 34 minutes.

And then I looked at the completion statistic that's put on the map after beating the game...

54.67%.

What? 0.0

But I guess those seeds just count for a lot then...

Needless to say, but still, I'll say it again, the game's absolutely brilliant. Before this I couldn't have imagined there'd ever be another game that would even get close to threaten my all-time favorites in my list for the upcoming Top 50 Favorite Games thread.

The vivid, varied, realistic, majestic, grand and beautiful world is the best game-world I've ever played. The physics engine making it all the more enticing, giving you a level of interaction with it and an ability to think out of the box I've never seen. You are sucked into it, and there are no restrictions. The structure of the game is as such that even though you're never really told what to do or where to go, you're never at a loss for what to do or how to proceed, because no matter where you go there's always something to find and a new way to move forward. They've found the perfect balance.

The Shrines and the Divine Beast were great, there's clever puzzles to find and because of the physics I've found clever ways of completing them. They all have a 'true solution', but I'm sure I've cheated my way through a handful with tricky bow shots, tight gliding manouvers and clever use of the four powers on anything in the environment, giving me a great sense of accomplishment. These substitutes for dungeons are one of the only smudges in the game's otherwise near-perfectly shining shell however, because none of these can really stand comfortably alongside real, long and themed dungeons of Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword calibur.

The same goes for the bosses, of which there aren't many, and none as epic as the best from other games. I liked the first phase of Ganon though, but with the second phase I think it's safe to say that Ocarina of Time retains the crown of containing the most epic endgame.

A brilliant game like I said, and it'll stand tall and proud among my favorites, probably for a very long time, if not forever.

:)

For me, it's the best game ever made. Like you, I didn't imagine a game would come along and challenge the status quo of my top 10 list. But here it is. 

I agree the dungeons and final boss battle are on the weak side, but the organic open world, emergent gameplay, and physics engine make up for all of it.

The wildest thing is that there is room for improvement with the formula. The best game ever made (in my mind) could be made even better. It's almost scary :)

Veknoid_Outcast said:

:)

For me, it's the best game ever made. Like you, I didn't imagine a game would come along and challenge the status quo of my top 10 list. But here it is. 

I agree the dungeons and final boss battle are on the weak side, but the organic open world, emergent gameplay, and physics engine make up for all of it.

The wildest thing is that there is room for improvement with the formula. The best game ever made (in my mind) could be made even better. It's almost scary :)

Yeah I'll have it high up in the upcoming top 50 thread, really the only things that will be above it are, besides excellent, things that had a special meaning in some way. A luxury Breath of the Wild can't have. The funny thing is, when head-ranking my favorite Zelda games I mostly put the dungeons first, they're usually the most important thing to me. The biggest piece of the pie. But Breath of the Wild does everything else so well that it doesn't really matter anymore. And like I said, the Shrines and Beasts (and Hyrule Castle, not to forget) are still definitely good regardless.

New BotW patch!

Version 1.3.3

• The amiibo of the four Champions (Revali, Daruk, Urbosa, and Mipha) are now supported.
  • The side quest to receive Xenoblade Chronicles 2 collaboration gear is now available.
  • An issue preventing the × mark for Game Overs from being recorded in Hero’s Path mode from Ver.1.3.0 onward has been fixed.
  • Various fixes to improve gameplay.

Around the Network

Seems the story DLC is delayed at this point.

Man, it's been a long time since I wrote anything anywhere... I still haven't completed BotW...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Wyrdness said:
Seems the story DLC is delayed at this point.

Starting to seem that way. Although a few days ago this popped up:

Who knows? When was the DLC originally confirmed? February? They're taking their sweet time, that's for sure :)

DanneSandin said:
Man, it's been a long time since I wrote anything anywhere... I still haven't completed BotW...

Get on that!