By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.85M Units & TotK Sells 20.61M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 7 25.93%

A Link to the Past 11 40.74%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 11.11%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 14.81%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 3.70%

Other 1 3.70%

Total:27

Likely to be the two sides of the poster coming with the European Special Edition, from the game's entry at zeldawiki.org:

Pictures are clickable for large version. Any word yet on an American version of the SE?

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

Likely to be the two sides of the poster coming with the European Special Edition, from the game's entry at zeldawiki.org:

[photos]

Pictures are clickable for large version. Any word yet on an American version of the SE?

No word on North America yet. Given Nintendo's recent track record with Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors, I'm not exactly confident.

It's just really weird to me. I know Europe is a market that needs a little extra love from Nintendo, but North America has been especially good to the company for decades -- particularly when it comes to Zelda games.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

No word on North America yet. Given Nintendo's recent track record with Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors, I'm not exactly confident.

It's just really weird to me. I know Europe is a market that needs a little extra love from Nintendo, but North America has been especially good to the company for decades -- particularly when it comes to Zelda games.

Mmm yes it is strange. You got both the OoT3D and ALBW 3DS console Special Editions, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet .

I'm glad it's coming out on 3DS, which ALTTP also should do, on the eShop

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Here's some news from Aonuma vis-a-vis Majora's Mask 3D, via Miiverse. I bolded the most interesting parts.

Greetings to everyone in The Legend of Zelda community! Eiji Aonuma from Nintendo here.

Since The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D was announced during the most recent Nintendo Direct, I’ve noticed that many of you have posted your thoughts in this community. Now, I'd like to say a few words for myself about Majora’s Mask 3D, which is planned for release next spring.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D was actually in development almost immediately after we finished working on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, which was released in June of 2011. So although we’ve been working on the game for quite some time, we didn't want to say it was being developed until we were at a point where we could proudly say that this is not going to be just another remake and that it's going to be worth your time. For a while now, when fans from Japan and around the world would ask me if we were working on a Majora's Mask remake, I would silently plead in my heart, thinking, “Please wait a bit longer!” (laughs).

We’ve spent a lot of time making sure the gameplay experience is smoother than in the original version without taking away from this unique world. I hope those that haven’t played the original game, and those of you that played it but gave up mid-way through will take this opportunity to give the new version a try.

Oh, and I should mention that we haven’t removed the distinct look and feel that are unique to this game, so it should live up to this game's Japanese catchphrase, “this Zelda has a scary vibe.” Brace yourselves for what this world has to offer! (laughs)

When it's closer to its release date, I’ll talk more about what has been changed in the Nintendo 3DS version and its new features right here in this comunity, so stay tuned!

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

I'll support that, if only to get you to play it already  

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

I'll support that, if only to get you to play it already  

Yeah, it would make so much sense for them to make ALTTP port for the 3DS since we got ALBW on it...

mZuzek said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, it would make so much sense for them to make ALTTP port for the 3DS since we got ALBW on it...

It makes too much sense, that's why it won't happen.

But doesnt MM on 3DS also make too much sense?

Some excerpts from Aonuma's recent interview with Famitsu:

On the topic of Zelda WiiU graphics, Aonuma teases: “Now it looks more amazing than what was shown at E3.”

Aonuma additionally notes that the enemy shown in the WiiU debut trailer is something not previously seen in the series as you have to come up with a strategy while escaping on horse. He stresses that “If an enemy like this appears, how would you beat it?” is a situation which the team has tried to include in the game.

Regarding the remaster of Majora's Mask, Aonuma said, "Specifically speaking, parts that were conventions and weren’t explained at all are changed, and challenges which you realize by repeating many times are made easier to understand."

Source #1

Source #2

Have you guys heard of The Zelda Project?

Here's the link: http://www.thezeldaproject.net/

Apparently, it's a group of Zelda fans who try to bring the characters and setting from Ocarina to life.

Check out some photos: