By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 24.00%

A Link to the Past 10 40.00%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 12.00%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.00%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.00%

Other 1 4.00%

Total:25
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Some excerpts from Aonuma's recent interview with Famitsu:

On the topic of Zelda WiiU graphics, Aonuma teases: “Now it looks more amazing than what was shown at E3.”

Aonuma additionally notes that the enemy shown in the WiiU debut trailer is something not previously seen in the series as you have to come up with a strategy while escaping on horse. He stresses that “If an enemy like this appears, how would you beat it?” is a situation which the team has tried to include in the game.

Regarding the remaster of Majora's Mask, Aonuma said, "Specifically speaking, parts that were conventions and weren’t explained at all are changed, and challenges which you realize by repeating many times are made easier to understand."

Source #1

Source #2

I simply cannot believe Nintendo releasing a main Zelda game the same year they basically announce it. We don't know anything. At least with Skyward Sword we had a gameplay demo, but this? NOTHING.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Some excerpts from Aonuma's recent interview with Famitsu:

On the topic of Zelda WiiU graphics, Aonuma teases: “Now it looks more amazing than what was shown at E3.”

Aonuma additionally notes that the enemy shown in the WiiU debut trailer is something not previously seen in the series as you have to come up with a strategy while escaping on horse. He stresses that “If an enemy like this appears, how would you beat it?” is a situation which the team has tried to include in the game.

Regarding the remaster of Majora's Mask, Aonuma said, "Specifically speaking, parts that were conventions and weren’t explained at all are changed, and challenges which you realize by repeating many times are made easier to understand."

Source #1

Source #2

Im liking the sound of that! An enemy you have to think on you feet to defeat? Sounds good. Hopefully these foes will force you to upgrade your gear, kinda like you had to do in the original LoZ if you wanted to survive.

But Im not getting my hopes up regarding the visuals; Ill just assume itll look somewhere in the same ballpark as the e3 demo

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Damn it, I'd really like to play a zelda game and my best bet is either this or OoT 3D since I have a 3DS,
ut Nintendo's games never drop in price (OoT is still 45 euros), and honestly I can't afford it cause
my ps3 controller broke so I need 40 for this.

4 games on the 3DS that I really want to play but probably won't because of the price:
Fire emblem:Awakening, Zelda OoT 3D, Bravely default, Zelda MM 3D.

Pavolink said

I simply cannot believe Nintendo releasing a main Zelda game the same year they basically announce it. We don't know anything. At least with Skyward Sword we had a gameplay demo, but this? NOTHING.

Yeah, that's a good point. Still, I'm hopeful. A five year wait for a new console Zelda game is a long time.

Although ALBW went a long way toward scratchng that itch.

Nkh3 said:
Damn it, I'd really like to play a zelda game and my best bet is either this or OoT 3D since I have a 3DS,
ut Nintendo's games never drop in price (OoT is still 45 euros), and honestly I can't afford it cause
my ps3 controller broke so I need 40 for this.

4 games on the 3DS that I really want to play but probably won't because of the price:
Fire emblem:Awakening, Zelda OoT 3D, Bravely default, Zelda MM 3D.

What Nintendo systems do you currently own? Maybe there's a way to mix and match to find an affordable solution.

Around the Network

Some new info on Hyrule Warriors and Amiibo:

"Previously, we learned that using the Link Amiibo would give you the Spinner item from Twilight Princess, and Nintendo's just announced that Toon Link can unlock this weapon as well.

The other Amiibos are compatible with Hyrule Warriors as well; Zelda Amiibos will give you extra randomized weapons for their respective characters, and the others will just give you materials and ruppees."

Source

So, Zelda is a great franchise :D

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

You can say that again :)

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Pavolink said:

You can say that again :)

Zelda is a GREAT franchise :D

So you guys, what do you want from the new Zelda game? I kinda wanna see a cross between OoT and LoZ...