By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best shooter in the past 5 years?

CGI-Quality said:
Now as I said above, regarding survival horror, Gears has seemed to have had a minimal impact on the sub-genre. 

I agree, I'm just throwing icing on the cake to exaggerate the influence of Gears. It leads to more colorful conversation...at least that's what I thought it would do.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
JayWood2010 said:
CGI-Quality said:
JayWood2010 said:
You are on vgchartz so what is exclusive on Sony?

Halo 4/3 or call of duty 4. And Im not saying that because I like either one. Its simple why i choose those. They have the most active communitities out of anything else mentioned. They are both popular because they are good. People sgtay playing them because they are aaddicting. Seriosly annoyed if people dont start stating facts on this website. he isnt asking for your opinion. He is asking what is the best. while the best is an opinion i think we should consider what the majority of people will think and asking a site dominated by Sony and nintendo i dont expect this to be accurate what so ever. Go survey random people or a site that has a wider variety of people and your answer will almost certainly be halo or call of duty

-gif

The first sentence in the OP says, "What's your pick?". That looks pretty straightforward to me. If it had asked for a popularity contest, I could, somewhat, understand your rant.

I was waiting for somebody to react to what I said ;) Cant say im dissapointed in your response lol

So then you knew it made no sense from the moment you pressed submit? Congratulations.

Not exactly. I meant what i said.  The opinion part on the thread was a mess up on my part but no i meant what i said. i mustve missed the pick yours part which is why im saying i messed up but  You would have more accurate results by asking people off the street than this site if you wanted to hear something more accurate.   But i was waiting for someone to say how i was wrong in some shape or another but at least you pointed out in how i was wrong by misreading.

Kazus said:

CGI-Quality said:

You didn't specify, and the way you worded it implies that the original Gears of War is what you were talking about (you said the shooter that set the bar). The impact is undeniable, yes, but that is irrelevant.

I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. I'll rephrase my original statement. 

"Easy. Gears of War II & III. The shooters that redfined and set the bar for 3rd person shooters and dare I even say, survival horror games too. "

well actually the gameplay in gears was built upon foundation layed by games such as the one below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UaM-b3pvJk

o_O.Q said:
Kazus said:

CGI-Quality said:

You didn't specify, and the way you worded it implies that the original Gears of War is what you were talking about (you said the shooter that set the bar). The impact is undeniable, yes, but that is irrelevant.

I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. I'll rephrase my original statement. 

"Easy. Gears of War II & III. The shooters that redfined and set the bar for 3rd person shooters and dare I even say, survival horror games too. "

well actually the gameplay in gears was built upon foundation layed by games such as the one below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UaM-b3pvJk

And then was made popular by gears from perfecting it. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=153593

Maybe i havent read far enough but so far i see no uncharted, yes its not a FPS but neither is gears so i toss uncharted into the mix. I own all the gears, and halos but not one of them can hold a flame to uncharted 2 or 3.

Around the Network
lilc64 said:
Maybe i havent read far enough but so far i see no uncharted, yes its not a FPS but neither is gears so i toss uncharted into the mix. I own all the gears, and halos but not one of them can hold a flame to uncharted 2 or 3.

Nah, Halo 4 blows UC2 and 3 out the water. 

NobleTeam360 said:
lilc64 said:

Nah, Halo 4 blows UC2 and 3 out the water

lol no it doesn't!!

Somini said:
NobleTeam360 said:
lilc64 said:

lol no it doesn't!!

Yeah it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NobleTeam360 said:
Somini said:
NobleTeam360 said:
lilc64 said:

lol no it doesn't!!

It surely does NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somini said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Somini said:
NobleTeam360 said:
lilc64 said:

lol no it doesn't!!

It surely does NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It absolutely DOES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sales prove it lol JK