By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A whole load of rumors by somebody calling himself Surfer boy..

Gamerace said:
Grey Acumen said:

6) Nintendo will show at the E3 a "new" version of the Nintendo Wii: it will support 720p resolution, DVD playback and will have also a HDMI port. The price will remain the same of today;

I call BS, they STILL haven't hit a point where the Wii isn't selling out, they won't even consider updating the system until they do.

It's plausible. It's a fairly minor update, and could just replace the existing sku. Wouldn't be worth it for most people to upgrade but considering the # of people with HD-TVs this makes sense to do.

"Fairly minor"??  HAHAHA.  Do you realize what jumping to 720p and HDMI means?  It would require graphical upgrades of the system and software itself...you can't just up the res. and still have it look good, it would look worse.

And again, the Wii is still sold out in its current form.  I can see new colors being announced at E3, not a hardware revision as drastic as that though. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
rukusa said:

...yup. You heard right, Surfer Girl apparently got herself a rival here:

1st bunch:

1) Microsoft will show its motion-sensing addon at the E3 of this July. The peripheral will replace the battery pack of the Xbox 360 controller;
2) Soul Calibur IV will have some exclusive contents on Playstation 3 platform;
3) The firmware 4.00 of the PSP will have Home support;
4) Sony plans to support Skype also on Playstation 3;
5) Gears of War 2 is a reality but it won't see the light until 2009;
6) Nintendo will show at the E3 a "new" version of the Nintendo Wii: it will support 720p resolution, DVD playback and will have also a HDMI port. The price will remain the same of today;
7) Still no plans for a third version of the Nintendo DS;
8) At the end of the year we'll see Haze on Xbox 360 and Splinter Cell ConViction on Playstation 3.

That had better not come to fruition.  Alot of people will not be happy by this (those who already purchased it) AND the Wii as it is now is selling beautifully as it is and SHOULDN'T change a thing.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

regin2005 said:
rukusa said:

...yup. You heard right, Surfer Girl apparently got herself a rival here:

1st bunch:

1) Microsoft will show its motion-sensing addon at the E3 of this July. The peripheral will replace the battery pack of the Xbox 360 controller;
2) Soul Calibur IV will have some exclusive contents on Playstation 3 platform;
3) The firmware 4.00 of the PSP will have Home support;
4) Sony plans to support Skype also on Playstation 3;
5) Gears of War 2 is a reality but it won't see the light until 2009;
7) Still no plans for a third version of the Nintendo DS;
8) At the end of the year we'll see Haze on Xbox 360 and Splinter Cell ConViction on Playstation 3.

That had better not come to fruition. Alot of people will not be happy by this (those who already purchased it) AND the Wii as it is now is selling beautifully as it is and SHOULDN'T change a thing.

Yeah, I'd be be a bit pissed off if they did that (although I could probably sell my Wii, buy the new model and even make a profit in the process...).

Furthermore, it would force developers to develop and test for two different resolutions, which quite frankly is at odds with the Wii's philosophy of inexpensive development. If it's just upscaling the graphics, this wouldn't be the case, though.

To sum up, I think Surfer Boy is full of it, especially due to that item in the list.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

valen200 said:
Gamerace said:
Grey Acumen said:

I call BS, they STILL haven't hit a point where the Wii isn't selling out, they won't even consider updating the system until they do.

It's plausible. It's a fairly minor update, and could just replace the existing sku. Wouldn't be worth it for most people to upgrade but considering the # of people with HD-TVs this makes sense to do.

Not really a minor update. Going from standard to Hd is a decent sized jump. I could see the DVD playback, but that has been rumored for some time. I could maybe even see the HDMI output slot, so that is could be hooked to some people's tv more conveniently, but I don't see it becoming High Def. Nintendo made a design choice.that was a double edge sword. No Hd is cheaper to produce and make games for, but the graphics will never reach the same level.

They could just include a high quality scaler.  But then that begs the question, why only 720 and not 1080p?  

If this thing is released, I will not be a happy camper. :| 

Now if that stupid #6 rumor was something like this....

6) Nintendo will show at the E3 an HDD for the Nintendo Wii: it will carry at least 20GBs of space. The price of the HDD is unknown for right now.

...that, I think, would have been better and is needed more importantly than Hi-Def support

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

At this point I am doubting we will even see different colors of teh wii until christmas, let alone a new console. That would a 32X level mistake times 10.

Yeah the guys at Nintendo are saying "We are winning this generation, and making billions, quik lets abondon our stratedgy" .

Get this crap off my screen.

Sufer Pud might as well have said Kilzone 2 arrives early so Nintendo gives up and takes their ball home and wont play anymore.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

BenKenobi88 said:
Gamerace said:
Grey Acumen said:

"Fairly minor"??  HAHAHA.  Do you realize what jumping to 720p and HDMI means?  It would require graphical upgrades of the system and software itself...you can't just up the res. and still have it look good, it would look worse.

And again, the Wii is still sold out in its current form.  I can see new colors being announced at E3, not a hardware revision as drastic as that though. 

You know Ben, that's why you're deputy... I would call it a minor update, atleast if we can believe Shigeru, who already stated at spring or sometime in the summer, that Wii could do 720p. Was it 720p/30 (if someone could remember where to find the quote). @Topic (somehow): And i thought his www-address would have been Softcockhallelujah.com

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

OMG, Microsoft must be geniouses. Somehow they will remove the battery yet keep the controller on!!!!

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Wow...I hope so...some Final Fantasy VII PSP action...two team ICO titles...Skype on ps3...Home on PSP....some good news in there if any is true, and I hope it is.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

@Nordlead: The peripheral would include the battery...
Or maybe wawing the controller would generate the electricity it needs to function.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.