By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Opinion: The Sorry State of Halo 4 Multiplayer

Tagged games:

I enjoy Halo 4... but i feel the multiplayer is a little disappointing. Halo 2 & 3 and Halo Reach were by far my favorite. I agree that the maps in 4 aren't great, I feel most of them are pretty boring. The campaign was a HUGE disappointment to me too. Where are the large epic battles that just about every halo game had, it felt like most of the world was designed as a bunch of connected hallways. Every mission seemed to involve going to the next USB port to plug in Cortana to watch her flip out again. It's still kinda fun to play but it feels like a step back in the franchise imo.

Around the Network

The multiplayer is a lot of fun, but there are way too many problems with their server, and sometimes lots of lag. Sometimes I get kicked out of the game whilst its nearing the end, and a very very frequently the game stops to choose a better connection and the game restarts giving new vehicles and ordinances.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

This article is full of stupid. Halo 4's multiplay is just as good and in many ways better than any previous game in the series. As someone who usually doesn't play multiplayer I've played more Halo 4 online than even Halo 2 or 3. Only the most hardcore of the hardcore "bro team" Halo fans ever complain about the latest enhancements. It's never about whats best for the overall community, they want to dominate so they complain if the playing field is leveled.

I admit that I agree with many thing you complained about Halo 4 but in my opinion launch maps of Halo 4 are best since Halo 2, passed Halo 3 slightly. I think that Halo Reach had worst Halo maps ever. Halo 4 problem with maps is that there are far too much BTB maps even though they are good maps.

Playlists. This is the worst thing to happen ever. They removed lots of gametypes. Where is headhunter, stockpile, assault, one-flag CTF, hell normal FFA-carnage! Where are they??? :(

I agree that we need better communication with 343I. I love readling BS Angel's weekly bulletins.

Even there are so many issues in Halo 4, I still love it so much! I have already played over 200 hours in almost 3 months. This game is overall even better than Halo 3 and it crushes Halo Reach. I'm rank 129 now in Halo 4, they need to do something about it, maybe add more ranks.

The Halo Reach Beta had less lag than Halo 4 and if 343 dont do something about it then expect the numbers to drop off quicker than any other Halo game to date.

Around the Network

I love Halo 4. I think its one of the best if not equal to Halo 3's MP. But the thing is, I BARELY PLAY IT ANYMORE.

I dont know why but as I read this article, I cant help but agree with every single thing that this guy says. Everytime I play H4, the DMR and the Boltshot always turns me off. Plus the "care packages" are so unfair, not to mention the random weapon drops. What about the instant respawns? I feel guilty everytime I kill a guy who JUST killed me fair and square.

I do think that it could have been better. BTW Spartan ops is a poor excuse for Firefight. 

Yay!!!

Another article about the same subject... the Multiplayer issues.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/jollygoodfellowz/2013/01/28/why-halo-4-is-a-disappointment/

They've molded it into the more popular Call of Duty in order to get more mainstream gamers playing it. Still plays great, but very different indeed.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I do enjoy Halo 4 MP and believe it to be far better than Reach's MP. But with that said I agree 100% with what he said. We need legitimate ranking system like Halo 3's (which is a big reason it was so popular).

He didn't even mention the horrid lag or lag compensation system that plagues the games (which has kept me from playing Swat or Snipers because I usually get screwed due to lag compensation).

I have a love/hate relationship with Halo 4. I feel as if the MP could easily be the best if not for the problems that 343 refuse to address.

Come on 343! Please for the sake of Halo's future start working on these problems!

A lot of people agree with you unfortunately. The amount of people playing it has dropped like a stone. 343 need to fix the mp in Halo 5.