By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Not beiing solely bought as a games machine.

DMeisterJ said:
@ lafiel

Yeah, he seems to leave out all of the games that don't coincide with his wrong theory.

@ Crahsman

You seem to be a bitter individual who can't handle the fact of someone who looks for the truth, and doesn't believe fanboy rants from people who leave out information that makes thheir theory fall apart.

Looking for truth would involve reading all sides, then making a decision.  Not "Stop Reading" when you find something you don't like as you do.  How can you know when people "leave out" information when you don't read the whole posts.

Your comments are full of contradictions and lack of any real content.  Please refrain from your nonsense and only contribute when you HAVE something to contribute.  The forum will thank you for it.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

@ Gamerace

If people buy a PS3 as a cheap blu-ray player, what is there motivation to buy a game like CoD4? It's not accessible to noobs, nor are most other PS3 games. So they'll continue to use it as a blu-ray player, and maybe to download stuff.

First of all I think many people who buy the PS3 mainly for its Blu-Ray movie functionality are also interested in playing games.

Secondly if mom and dad aren't interested in playing games at all, maybe their kids are. Or will be introduced to gaming later on through friends.

I don't think this will be a major issue, attach rates are pretty decent overall, but many are waiting for the heavy hitters. Some may have bought the PS3 early because of backward compatibility and are waiting from their Gran Turismo 5, GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, etc.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

HappySqurriel said:
DMeisterJ said:
Okay rocketpig

You want to denounce bundled games?

Let's take out Wii Sports and Play, and see how many millions the Wii software has moved.

Without those two games, the Wii has 14 Million sellers, that have combined for over 35 Million units sold;  the PS3 (including bundles) has 7 Million sellers that have combined for 12 Million units sold.

You must be mistaken about your figures.  DMeisterJ is clearly "someone who looks for the truth, and doesn't believe fanboy rants from people who leave out information that makes thheir theory fall apart."

So clearly there aren't 14 wii million sellers. Sorry.

*puts fingers in ears and stamps feet following DMeisterJ out of thread*

Whew that was TOO close.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

what utter BS is the OP going on about...

look at the attach rates closely..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Even as a gamer I bought the PS3 for two reasons:

Blu ray
PS2 backwards compatibility

I skipped most of last gen because of college and wanted to play a lot of the games I missed. If you go to any HT forum or blog you see there are a lot of people who are buying the PS3 for blu ray playback. If you're interested at all in HD movies the PS3 is the defacto choice for a BD machine. Until 1.1 (and 2.0 for that matter) reach a price point / reliability that is cheaper or equal to the price of a PS3 this trend will continue. Not saying it's a good or bad thing either way but you're naive to think that people are buying a PS3 solely for game playback especially now with the small offerings out there. I'd still say that a huge majority are still waiting on games but there is a sizable chunk that is interested in the movie aspect of the machine.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network
Troll_Monster said:
how about adding these to your list: -

Motorstorm = 2.63 million

Resistance: Fall of Man = 2.27 million

Wow impressive numbers.  Were they pack-ins at any time?  If not then that's really good.

tombi123 said:
selnor said:

Good to see PS3 sales increase over christmas. I expect them to drop to last throughout the year again though.

However, Look at the game attachment sales on this site. Gaming wise for Sony this is serious trouble.

Call of Duty 4 has sold 4.3 mill on 360 and only 2.6 mill on PS3.

Ok sir, you phail at maths. CoD4 on PS3 has a 27.6% attachment rate. CoD4 on 360 has a 25.8% attachment rate.

This guy debunked the OP, yet everybody has ignored his post.

@makingmusic

I wonder why {rolls eyes}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

MikeB said:
@ Gamerace

If people buy a PS3 as a cheap blu-ray player, what is there motivation to buy a game like CoD4? It's not accessible to noobs, nor are most other PS3 games. So they'll continue to use it as a blu-ray player, and maybe to download stuff.

First of all I think many people who buy the PS3 mainly for its Blu-Ray movie functionality are also interested in playing games.

Secondly if mom and dad aren't interested in playing games at all, maybe their kids are. Or will be introduced to gaming later on through friends.

I don't think this will be a major issue, attach rates are pretty decent overall, but many are waiting for the heavy hitters. Some may have bought the PS3 early because of backward compatibility and are waiting from their Gran Turismo 5, GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, etc.

yeah thru the wii HEEEYYYYY OOOOOOO

sorry double post