By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAIV in October 2007 if not for PS3 version!

Look on the bright side; the game will be much more polished now thanks to the delay.

Around the Network

I think even to us Sony fans it was obvious that the PS3 was the reason for the delay. Personally, I still think Sony made the right choice in developing the cell the way it is. Software developer's may piss and moan, but you'll be hard pressed to find a hardware engineer that doubts it's potential.

And Sony has enough internal development studios and 1st party franchises to exploit that potential in the long run. Remember, we're not even a 1/4 of the way through this gen.

YEAH SKREW SONY!!! AHAHAHA MAI GAEM COULD HAVE BEN OUT BI NOW @#$@#@!!!!!

Well to bad >: ) The games delayed and theirs not much we can do about it, how about ya'll sue Sony for holding up your games? Now thanks to the delay it's got more polish and to me that's never a bad thing, heaven forbid they release that build they showed off last year. 

So yeah we get it, "Sony and teh ebil c3ll" are holding up the gaming world -_- practice not giving a shit :P It helps ^^ 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

err... contributing, as in not sole factor. Also the 360 builds shown and previews showed no way would this have been polished as per recent previews in late 2007. I'm guessing they underestimated time to learn and optimise on PS3. From the way they've shown it I also reckon they started on 360 first and then found that they couldn't just take that build across to PS3 but had to re-write a lot to handle Cell architecture.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Wasn't this pretty confirmed as the reason last year? Is this just a secondary confirmation. I mean it was pretty obvious that this was the case because its almost February and no one has seen the PS3 version in motion yet.

Around the Network

I don't see why fanboys are getting upset over this.

Everyone knows developers had trouble with the PS3. So what if the PS3 version led to the 360 version being delayed? They're both meant to be qually good now?

I don't see the problem with, or importance of, this story.

So if the ps3 version has caught up to the 360 version, doesn't that mean that the 360 isn't finished either?  If so then how could the game have been released in October? 

Either way, this was expected. After all, it is Rockstar's first ps3 game. They already learned the ins and outs of the 360 when they made Table Tennis, but for the ps3 they were starting from scratch. GTAIV is a very ambitious title for a new console.

This article seems to be taking obvious news and spinning it to blame the ps3 for GTAIV not releasing in October. 

There seems to be overwhelming evidence now that developers are having problems with PS3 development. Just about every major project on the PS3 has been delayed. This can't be making developers happy.

It is not the Sonys fault that devs did not build their games to the PS3 first. Rockstar had not made any other multiplat next gen games yet and was not aware of the difficulty of going 360 to PS3. Next time around will be very differant. Most third party devs are begining to see the advantages of the PS3 and Cell and are building their games PS3 first.

I have grown extreamly tired of the PS3 blame game that has gone on for the past 2 years. It is not hard to develope for if you take the time to give a F**K. Just look at Infinaty Ward, UBI Montreal, Critereon, Insomniac, Epic, Team Ninja, and Evolution. All of these devs have come though with either awsome exclusive games or identical third party games.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

It is not the Sonys fault that devs did not build their games to the PS3 first. Rockstar had not made any other multiplat next gen games yet and was not aware of the difficulty of going 360 to PS3. Next time around will be very differant. Most third party devs are begining to see the advantages of the PS3 and Cell and are building their games PS3 first.

I have grown extreamly tired of the PS3 blame game that has gone on for the past 2 years. It is not hard to develope for if you take the time to give a F**K. Just look at Infinaty Ward, UBI Montreal, Critereon, Insomniac, Epic, Team Ninja, and Evolution. All of these devs have come though with either awsome exclusive games or identical third party games.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL