Forums - Movies Discussion - J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film

riderz13371 said:
Trunkin said:
riderz13371 said:
Trunkin said:
AndrewWK said:
Trunkin said:
SO now he's directing both Star Trek and Star Wars. There's a joke here....

He has finished the new Star Trek movie and might past the 3rd on to another Director. Just like Singer did with X-Men

And we all know how that turned out. Well, at least he's returning for the sequel to First Class, right? That should be good.

I wish Abrams could direct future ST films as well, but you're right, it is a bit unlikely. Has any director out there has been able to direct two entirely seperate blockbuster films that released within a year of eachother? That's a feat that not even the great Micheal Bay could pull off.

lol, I'm only kidding. I'm not gonna lie, though, I did watch all three Transformers films, and I'd watch a fourth too.

Anyway,  I don't think X2 was a bad film, it just didn't live up to X2, which was amazing. It was still better than the first film, though.

I watched all three aswell. I never go into his movies expecting much though, especially for the story of the film. 

I only watch them for the SFX and explosions. Honestly, if I were watching them by myself, I'd probably just skip through all the human parts. I can do without the dreadful humor.

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
riderz13371 said:
Trunkin said:
riderz13371 said:
Trunkin said:
AndrewWK said:
Trunkin said:

He has finished the new Star Trek movie and might past the 3rd on to another Director. Just like Singer did with X-Men

And we all know how that turned out. Well, at least he's returning for the sequel to First Class, right? That should be good.

I wish Abrams could direct future ST films as well, but you're right, it is a bit unlikely. Has any director out there has been able to direct two entirely seperate blockbuster films that released within a year of eachother? That's a feat that not even the great Micheal Bay could pull off.

lol, I'm only kidding. I'm not gonna lie, though, I did watch all three Transformers films, and I'd watch a fourth too.

Anyway,  I don't think X2 was a bad film, it just didn't live up to X2, which was amazing. It was still better than the first film, though.

I watched all three aswell. I never go into his movies expecting much though, especially for the story of the film. 

I only watch them for the SFX and explosions. Honestly, if I were watching them by myself, I'd probably just skip through all the human parts. I can do without the dreadful humor.

They should just take out the human actors all together. I mean I was hoping for an actual transformers movie. Like one where they are in cybertron where the Autobots are facing the Decepticons. I guess it probably costs too much to CGI that many robots though.

Trunkin said:
riderz13371 said:
Trunkin said:
riderz13371 said:
Trunkin said:
AndrewWK said:
Trunkin said:

Do you watch movies for the explosions? If I put on a dvd of awesome explosions and SFX, no narrative at all, would you consider that good entertainment?

SwansVanTerif said:
Trunkin said:
riderz13371 said:
Trunkin said:
riderz13371 said:
Trunkin said:
AndrewWK said:
Trunkin said:

Do you watch movies for the explosions? If I put on a dvd of awesome explosions and SFX, no narrative at all, would you consider that good entertainment?

Well, it depends. there would have to be a great deal of variety in those explosions to make it worthwhile. Add some narrative in there...yeah, I could do it.

Heh, seriously, though. I do prefer movies to have a bit more depth to them, but shallow action films can be good on occasion as well.

riderz13371 said:

They should just take out the human actors all together. I mean I was hoping for an actual transformers movie. Like one where they are in cybertron where the Autobots are facing the Decepticons. I guess it probably costs too much to CGI that many robots though.

Who knows, if they cut out the human component and hired some competent writers, they could actually make a decent film! They should keep the explosions, though. Actually, I'd prefer if they doubled them.

You can never have too many explosions.

Around the Network

Be affleck never had a chance in hell! Seriously.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Aw man that means all the lightsabers will have lens flares attached

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

spurgeonryan said:
Be affleck never had a chance in hell! Seriously.

Affleck has seriously proved himself to me as a great director and actor. Argo and the Town are one of my favorite films of all time.

I agree. Still no chance.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Gergroy called it.

Locking.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.