By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sucker Punch Interested In Creating inFamous 3, But Does Not Confirm its Development

Not interested personally but I'm sure plenty of other people would love to see a 3rd game.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

I doubt it if it's undertracked but selling over 1 million is actually pretty good.  I'm sure it brought in a good amount of profits with InFamous 2.

Personally I think the games are good, nothing special.  I find Sucker Punch to be one of the most over rated developers on any console but that is just me.  I like InFamous and Sly has been ok, but for all the praise they get they really havent made anything that great.  Just my opinion though.  I hope they reveal a new ip but Ill play InFamous 3 if they do make it.

i respect your opinion but you have to back it up.

Overrated ? if anything they are underrated.

Well the only two series they have is InFamous and Sly Cooper.  Their average company rating is an 83 on metacritic.  As I said, they make decent games and good games but they have yet to make a game that would be considered great.  Dont get the two mixed up.  Good is not great.  God of War = Great. Sly = Good.

Not trying to disrespect them or anything, but I feel they get a lot of praise simply because they are an exclusive company.  If Sly Cooper and InFamous went multiplatform then they would lose a lot of that praise that they get.

Why do you say they are overrated!?!? Damn everytime you say that I feel like I have to prove something to you. Well, Sucker Punch is not overrated in my opinion. You say that have only made 2 great series but you have to remember that it's a total of 5 games and they have all received 83+ rating on meta critic. I think they have already made a great game. I don't believe it's fair to compare God of War to Sly Cooper. Sly Cooper was one of the greatest platformers during the PS2 era and I just think it's unfair to compare a platformer to a hack n slash type of game. 

They don't get enough praise, the games they create are unique and deserve so much more attention. The Sly series has only sold 4 million on a console that has a 150m userbase, I just don't see this as being overrated. inFamous has also sold 4 million on a platform with 70 mill userbase. I feel Sucker Punch is forgotten as a great developer because of the likes of Naughty Dog, 343, SSM etc. Everytime I look at the improvements they made in inFamous 2 I always think of what they are capable of doing next.

riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

I doubt it if it's undertracked but selling over 1 million is actually pretty good.  I'm sure it brought in a good amount of profits with InFamous 2.

Personally I think the games are good, nothing special.  I find Sucker Punch to be one of the most over rated developers on any console but that is just me.  I like InFamous and Sly has been ok, but for all the praise they get they really havent made anything that great.  Just my opinion though.  I hope they reveal a new ip but Ill play InFamous 3 if they do make it.

Well the only two series they have is InFamous and Sly Cooper.  Their average company rating is an 83 on metacritic.  As I said, they make decent games and good games but they have yet to make a game that would be considered great.  Dont get the two mixed up.  Good is not great.  God of War = Great. Sly = Good.

Not trying to disrespect them or anything, but I feel they get a lot of praise simply because they are an exclusive company.  If Sly Cooper and InFamous went multiplatform then they would lose a lot of that praise that they get.

Why do you say they are overrated!?!? Damn everytime you say that I feel like I have to prove something to you. Well, Sucker Punch is not overrated in my opinion. You say that have only made 2 great series but you have to remember that it's a total of 5 games and they have all received 83+ rating on meta critic. I think they have already made a great game. I don't believe it's fair to compare God of War to Sly Cooper. Sly Cooper was one of the greatest platformers during the PS2 era and I just think it's unfair to compare a platformer to a hack n slash type of game. 

They don't get enough praise, the games they create are unique and deserve so much more attention. The Sly series has only sold 4 million on a console that has a 150m userbase, I just don't see this as being overrated. inFamous has also sold 4 million on a platform with 70 mill userbase. I feel Sucker Punch is forgotten as a great developer because of the likes of Naughty Dog, 343, SSM etc. Everytime I look at the improvements they made in inFamous 2 I always think of what they are capable of doing next.

I think they are a good company but I feel they get more praise than they deserve is all.  I mean yea Sly was good and so has InFamous, but they have yet to make a great title.  If or when they make a title that is great then I'll change my mind because they certainly make good games.

Sly Cooper is good but I'd also say Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Mario, Rayman, and now Little Big Planet has all been better platformers. 

InFamous is also good but it had potential of being so much better.  This by no means means it is a bad game, as both Sly and InFamous are good games.  They sell well and they are reviewed well but I'd never put them next to developers like Naughty Dog, Bungie(343i), Santa Monica, EPIC Games, Valve, Nintendo and developers like them.    The thing about all of the developers I mentioned is that they made great games and on top of that they have made ground breaking games such as Halo, Uncharted, God of War, Gears of War, Half-Life, and Mario.  

inFAMOUS 3 PS4 confirmed.

I loved.

JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

I think they are a good company but I feel they get more praise than they deserve is all.  I mean yea Sly was good and so has InFamous, but they have yet to make a great title.  If or when they make a title that is great then I'll change my mind because they certainly make good games.

Sly Cooper is good but I'd also say Ratchet & Clank, Kal & Daxter, Mario, Rayman, and now Little Big Planet has all been better platformers. 

InFamous is also good but it had potential of being so much better.  This by no means means it is a bad game, as both Sly and InFamous are good games.  They sell well and they are reviewed well but I'd never put them next to developers like Naughty Dog, Bungie(343i), Santa Monica, EPIC Games, Valve, Nintendo and developers like them.    The thing about all of the developers I mentioned is that they made great games and on top of that they have made ground breaking games such as Halo, Uncharted, God of War, Gears of War, Half-Life, and Mario.  

I realize that you wouldn't compare them to Naughty Dog and Bungie, neither would I, but I still don't think this makes them overrated. No one has ever compared them to those developers. They are rarely acknowledged for the work they do and theres barely little hype for their next game, whereas people are already hyping Uncharted 4, Halo 5 etc. 

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

I realize that you wouldn't compare them to Naughty Dog and Bungie, neither would I, but I still don't think this makes them overrated. No one has ever compared them to those developers. They are rarely acknowledged for the work they do and theres barely little hype for their next game, whereas people are already hyping Uncharted 4, Halo 5 etc. 

I guess I'll agree with that, but when they do announce what they are making we will have a lot of hype behind it.  People on the internet like to hype up exclusives.

CGI-Quality said:

I agree that Sucker Punch isn't "over-rated", but if you continue to argue with it, we'll have an entire thread ruined over a single comment (albeit, an unnecessary one, but it is just his opinion). Forget about it, keep your topic relevant.

OT: Never played the Sly games, but I felt both inFAMOUS titles were great (the first one more so). I doubt we'll see a third on PS3, but I can see them opening it on PS4 and moving to a new IP a few years after.

Not really sure how my comment was unnecessary when I was giving the reason I'd prefer to see a new IP.  

CGI-Quality said:
JayWood2010 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I agree that Sucker Punch isn't "over-rated", but if you continue to argue with it, we'll have an entire thread ruined over a single comment (albeit, an unnecessary one, but it is just his opinion). Forget about it, keep your topic relevant.

OT: Never played the Sly games, but I felt both inFAMOUS titles were great (the first one more so). I doubt we'll see a third on PS3, but I can see them opening it on PS4 and moving to a new IP a few years after.

Not really sure how my comment was unnecessary when I was giving the reason I'd prefer to see a new IP.  

There wasn't a need to call them "over-rated", as every post regarding it has taken the thread off-topic (Bungie, Naughty Dog, Halo, and Uncharted are not relevant). However, as I said, it is just your opinion, so go with it. ;)

The title says Sucker Punch right in the title.  I have been talking about Sucker Punch the entire time.  Completely on topic.  I find this coversation more off topic than anything else in this thread.

I explained why I'd prefer a new IP, nothing more, nothing less.  I didn't say anybody had to agree with me and me and Riderz hasn't been argueing.  He asked why I thought what I thought and gave me the reason he thought the way he did.  That is called a disagreement, not an argument, and we even came to somewhat of an agreement there at the end.

the way the story ending in infamous2 (good or bad endings) leaves little material to work with in a sequel. i hate the idea of picking up the 3rd with a forced perspective of we ended the last game evil (because i like playing as the good guy).

give me something new, they fucked up the franchise with the last installment.

kitler53 said:
the way the story ending in infamous2 (good or bad endings) leaves little material to work with in a sequel. i hate the idea of picking up the 3rd with a forced perspective of we ended the last game evil (because i like playing as the good guy).

give me something new, they fucked up the franchise with the last installment.

But what about the question mark lightning bolt?!?!!?