By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THQ bidding ends: Vigil's done, older IPs to be auctioned in a few weeks

zero129 said:

OMG does this mean no Darksiders 3?, no one brought the company?? O_O

Darksiders IP is on sale in the second auction, so there is a very slim chance that there will be a Darksiders 3. But Vigil is gone, no one bid on it.

Some people at Platnum Games reached out on twitter for Vigil devs to get in contact about working with/at Platnum, but that will likely only be a handful of people. Atsushi Inaba (from platnum) also mentioned that the Darksiders IP for cheap was tempting. But likely nothing will come from that.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

someone please buy darksiders i don't care who yes i am fine if EA buy's it we can't let this franchise die so easily

zarx said:
zero129 said:

OMG does this mean no Darksiders 3?, no one brought the company?? O_O

Darksiders IP is on sale in the second auction, so there is a very slim chance that there will be a Darksiders 3. But Vigil is gone, no one bid on it.

Some people at Platnum Games reached out on twitter for Vigil devs to get in contact about working with/at Platnum, but that will!likely only be a handful of people. Atsushi Inaba (from platnum) also mentioned that the Darksiders IP for cheap was tempting. But likely nothing will come from that.

If it's cheap I sure hope they pick it up.  C'mon big 3(Nintendo, Sony, and MS) you guys have loads of cash and you guys need to add this to your stables!

NO!
Someone please buy Destroy all Humans and make it a goddamn killer open world game with the blackest humor ever seen in history. dammit.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

I really liked Darksiders, really new but familiar IP, I hope the people at Vigil get jobs again, it's a bad time to be looking for work :(

Around the Network

I'm dissappointed that Sony didn't get a thing so far. I was hoping they'd be able to buy something with Vita in mind.

noname2200 said:
Scisca said:
This is what happens to a great company that started to release casual games...

Query: What does "THQ" stand for?

So? How many lakes are there in Lakerland?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

oni-link said:

since Sony is strapped for cash (damn Vita).

I don't even know where to begin with this sentence :|

noname2200 said:

Evolve
(title in development at Turtle Rock Studios)
Winning bidder: Take-Two Interactive, $10.894 million.
Runner-up: Turtle Rock Studios, $250,000.

Volition, Inc.
Maker of Saints Row
Winning bidder: Koch Media, $22,312,925.
Runner-up: Ubisoft, $5.4 million.

@ bold, I don't know why, but I found that really adorable.  I wish they'd won it now :)

Surprised the runner up bid for Volition was so low.

I've got a tip from someone saying that Wii U owners should use the Darksiders II forum of Miiverse to do like a Project Rainfall or something to buy the IP (which I heard is really cheap). I guess I could give it a shot and see what happens.

oni-link said:

yeah anything...but Platinum Games don't really have funds.  It's gotta be one of the big 3...probably MS or even Nintendo, since Sony is strapped for cash (damn Vita).

Sony still has a cash reserve on the mid ten billions, at least twice as much as Nintendo... and really, with those prices you are pratically stealing stabilished franchises from THQ's corpse. Any mid-sized developer could afford it.... but I guess the lack of profits from Darksiders 2 and the fact they didn't have any game close to launch really weighted against Vigil. Like big time. I mean... hell, literally no one thought they were worth the risk.