By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil: Revelations hitting PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 in May

I did not see that coming. Guess I'll be playing it on PC then. Looking forward to it, I have heard it is more like the old RE games, which is a really good thing if true.

Around the Network

Cool. Hope it sells well.

Would've made no sense to keep it on 3DS at this point, the game pretty much sold its legs, it's not like further multiplat releases are going to take sales away from the 3DS version. And it's a great game that deserves a broader audience.

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
I wonder why no Vita version? Maybe Sony has some policy of Cross-Platform save policy with PS3/Vita titles that made them decide its not worth the effort.

Well I presume it came to consoles because the 3DS version didn't do very well. So why put it on another handheld platform where it'll likely not do well?

Maybe it'll eventually be ported when the Vita gets a respectable userbase.

If anything the potential for a Vita version to sell is much higher than that of the 3DS even with the much lower install base. 

Agreed, but not with the Vita userbase this small.

We're talking about a platform that hasn't done a very good job selling CoD and Assassin's Creed. Those games are basically free now.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

RolStoppable said:
So the 3DS is losing one of its third party exclusives. Oh well, it wasn't that good of a game anyway.

Hmmm... it was very good. Arguably the best game on the 3DS. Losing this exclusive is not a big deal though, its not doing very well on the 3DS anyhow.

I'm afraid this means we won't be seeing many core titles on the 3DS though. Other than JRPGs.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Wii U version for me! I already beat the 3DS version, but I could do it again in HD!

Glad 360 and PS3 players can experience this game, it's awesome.

Around the Network

Enjoyed the game. Might play it again on PC.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

For the wii U???? Did my ears explode? I know it's just a crappy port but good to hear.

Wonder why they decided to do this AFTER the disappointing RE6.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

First class trolling by Capcom. Late, overpriced up-port for PS360 and no Vita version.

Anyway, at least now people have the chance to buy the game without having to own one of these filthy Nintendo consoles. Now put your money where your mouths are.

And to those people who think that the 3DS version was a bust. Lol.

Edit: This is gold: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/22/resident-evil-revelations-creeps-to-ps3-may-21-with-new-features/#comments

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
I wonder why no Vita version? Maybe Sony has some policy of Cross-Platform save policy with PS3/Vita titles that made them decide its not worth the effort.

Well I presume it came to consoles because the 3DS version didn't do very well. So why put it on another handheld platform where it'll likely not do well?

Maybe it'll eventually be ported when the Vita gets a respectable userbase.

If anything the potential for a Vita version to sell is much higher than that of the 3DS even with the much lower install base. 

Agreed, but not with the Vita userbase this small.

We're talking about a platform that hasn't done a very good job selling CoD and Assassin's Creed. Those games are basically free now.

They're not free.