By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - DOTA 2 Beta invites

Valve has been kind enough to give me 6 beta invites to DOTA 2, and only one friend of mine on steam needed one so I have 5 left for anyone who is interested.

Some things to consider before asking for an invite.

If you were looking into trying this game out, just bear in mind that each game takes anywhere from 30 min to 75 min and leaving prematurely too often can get you banned. So if you don't have that kind of time please be considerate and let someone else put in for the beta.

Also the learning curve is pretty steep so it can take a while to acclimate to the game mechanics, each person is different but with about 100 heroes to choose from and learn it can take possibly hundreds  of games to learn if you have no previous MOBA experience.

Anyone who has grown tired of LoL like I had, this game seems much deeper and rewarding no matter which class you play, so if you are looking for a more challenging MOBA let me know.

If you already have DOTA 2 and want to play just add me as a friend my steam ID is Booyah100 feel free to add me.

So let me know, I am not super advanced, but I do know enough to teach basic and intermediate strategies if you really want to learn.

Good luck to all interested parties.

EDIT: just post below how familiar you are with MOBAS and why I should grant you an invite.

Around the Network

Yeah, this game seems a LOT harder then LoL.

I wasn't amazing at LoL, but i'm still having trouble vs the easy bots here!

It's not really a beta.

They make it sound like it is because exclusivity is cool, and then shower everyone with keys. Causing publicity threads like this one.

I can't believe you're making an application process for your precious keys. If anyone wants a key, the normal beta signup page will send you one in an average of two weeks.

So telling people how many invites I have and just asking for a post about familiarity/intrest with the game is considered an application process.

I just want to make sure that the most interested parties get an invite instead of someone who is all "free game, me wants!"

Didn't think it was that big of a deal.

I like to use

Clockwerk

Spectre

Pugna

Don't really have a favorite class, but I like to use and see the less popular heroes in the game.Thanks to the international tournament I never want to see a Morphling ever again lol

Around the Network
Booyah said:

So telling people how many invites I have and just asking for a post about familiarity/intrest with the game is considered an application process.

I just want to make sure that the most interested parties get an invite instead of someone who is all "free game, me wants!"

Yes, because the invites have zero value, for the reasons I said: everyone gets lots of Dota2 invites (I have some on my Steam account I can't be bothered to retrieve) and that Valve will give you one in 1-2 weeks via the signup page regardless.

Asking people to put in effort, to be grateful to you as a benevolent dispenser of keys who judges the worthy to recieve them, and to value said keys is ridiculous.

Soleron said:
Booyah said:

Yes, because the invites have zero value, for the reasons I said: everyone gets lots of Dota2 invites (I have some on my Steam account I can't be bothered to retrieve) and that Valve will give you one in 1-2 weeks via the signup page regardless.

Asking people to put in effort, to be grateful to you as a benevolent dispenser of keys who judges the worthy to recieve them, and to value said keys is ridiculous.

The game is still definitely a beta. Most of the features that was promised by Icefrog and the dev team are no where close to being ready. Yeah sure the game can be released as is...but given the promises etc. It would be an unfinished release which most people would be angry about. Not to mention that the core game is a carbon copy of the original...so it was never going to take long to get the game to where it is today. So i dont get where your comment of "Its not really a beta" comes from.

i also dont see how the hell you can have a problem with a guy who is giving away something that costs 30USD as of right now on steam, for free. And all the person has to do is think before they ask and really be willing to give it a go. Thats all hes asking for. Theres no application process...

And just btw the beta sign up is completely random. I still havnt gotten mine. It can happen instantly but it could also take weeks, months or  just not come at all. A person who requests for it in this thread gets it completely free and immediately no hassles no fuss. Theres your value right there.

How anyone can have a problem with this is beyond me.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I don't recall saying that I was the only one in the universe who had invites, nor did I say that I was the gatekeeper for Dota 2 and all new players must go through me.

What I want is more people to play with, all my firends on steam who are interested have invites. I just wanted to be sure that anyone who really wanted to play DOTA 2 got an invite before someone who may or may not get into the game.

It is nice that you automatically draw the conclusion that I'm some king lording keys over peasants just to watch them dance for my amusement.

Also 99.9% of forum posts are less than 0 value, so by that logic, value is justified.

Booyah said:

I don't recall saying that I was the only one in the universe who had invites, nor did I say that I was the gatekeeper for Dota 2 and all new players must go through me.

What I want is more people to play with, all my firends on steam who are interested have invites. I just wanted to be sure that anyone who really wanted to play DOTA 2 got an invite before someone who may or may not get into the game.

It is nice that you automatically draw the conclusion that I'm some king lording keys over peasants just to watch them dance for my amusement.

Also 99.9% of forum posts are less than 0 value, so by that logic, value is justified.

I think we should just ignore him.

Anyways ive got about 16 keys myself...lol. People are welcome to hit me up as well.

Booyah il be adding you on steam, maybe we can play together sometime!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Soleron said:
Booyah said:

The game is still definitely a beta. Most of the features that was promised by Icefrog and the dev team are no where close to being ready. Yeah sure the game can be released as is...but given the promises etc. It would be an unfinished release which most people would be angry about. Not to mention that the core game is a carbon copy of the original...so it was never going to take long to get the game to where it is today. So i dont get where your comment of "Its not really a beta" comes from.

i also dont see how the hell you can have a problem with a guy who is giving away something that costs 30USD as of right now on steam, for free. And all the person has to do is think before they ask and really be willing to give it a go. Thats all hes asking for. Theres no application process...

And just btw the beta sign up is completely random. I still havnt gotten mine. It can happen instantly but it could also take weeks, months or  just not come at all. A person who requests for it in this thread gets it completely free and immediately no hassles no fuss. Theres your value right there.

How anyone can have a problem with this is beyond me.

http://www.dota2.com/survey/experience/

Sign up again. 2 weeks. Mine came in under 1 week. Or just ask a friend or someone else you know on a forum, because invites are everywhere. 30USD lolol.

It's not really a beta because hundreds of thousands of people are playing it right now as a full competitive game. It's unfinished, yes, but so is LoL, so is SC2, so is any game requiring constant balance patching.

It's an elaborate marketing trick everyone just walks into. I'm having a problem with the attitude of these threads. The OP is judging people for something with no value.