By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like next xbox is gonna be a good deal less powerful then PS4

D-Joe said:

No one said it's just little modified GPU&,and no one even said the R&D of MS for Durango project only about GPU

You are going to argue about this when you specifically highlighted a passage of what I said and deny it?
Either that, or I'm overly tired and can't decipher what you're saying.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
MaulerX said:

http://vr-zone.com/articles/rumored-xbox-720-and-playstation-4-specs-hit-the-web/18741.html     Article dated 1-20-2013

"Unlike Sony, there is no rumor as to when Microsoft will be announcing the next-generation Xbox, but we hear that it is currently codenamed internally as “Durango." Similar to the PS4, the Durango will be coming with an 8 core processor clocked at 1.6GHz, and uses AMD's Jaguar architecture. However, Microsoft's console will come with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, a healthy portion compared to the PS4’s allotted RAM serving. So far we don't have any solid word on what the graphics chip will be like other than it is supposedly on par, if not better, than the PS4."

I don't know is this is a typo but it goes to show that  until we start getting more concrete facts, everything has to be taken with a huge grain of salt. Now, if the 720 really does launch with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM and reserve 3GB for the OS, then that would leave 5GB of GDDR5 RAM for games vs. the 4GB of GDDR5 RAM for PS4 (or 3.5GB when accounting what's reserved for the OS) which would explain some insiders claiming that they will both be pretty equal, perhaps with PS4 having an edge on CPU (more FLOPS) and 720 having an edge on RAM.

Hey, another generation of counting pixels.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Pemalite said:
D-Joe said:

No one said it's just little modified GPU&,and no one even said the R&D of MS for Durango project only about GPU

You are going to argue about this when you specifically highlighted a passage of what I said and deny it?

I did not highlighted the GPU part,only R&D part lol

Pemalite said:
D-Joe said:

And?why would MS think about that?possible doesn't mean they will

One of their RAM plan even crazier than 4GB GDDR5,if they don't use GDDR5 that means it's a lot more than 8GB DDR3

Reasons why.
1) Cheaper.
2) Easier for developers to take advantage of.
3) They did it on the Xbox 360 which incurred no negative effects from doing so, only positives.

Seriously?360's RAM is GDDR3,not DDR3

And read my second line.

Isnt the Kinect 2.0 rumored to have its own processor?

D-Joe said:

And read my second line.

No. You highlighted "You don't honestly think they spend years and Millions/Billions".
Aka. Me referring to the fact that the R&D for the GPU's design was done for a long time as it was readily available on the PC and they wouldn't bother investing allot of R&D time and money into it.

Then you came along as said... "Well they are". - Again, no logical thinking to disprove me otherwise.

As for the Xbox 360's Ram I never referred to it's memory type, only the fact it was a single memory pool.

Anyway, my "Give a crap" meter for this thread has plummeted. I'm going to bed.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
D-Joe said:

And read my second line.

No. You highlighted "You don't honestly think they spend years and Millions/Billions".
Aka. Me referring to the fact that the R&D for the GPU's design was done for a long time as it was readily available on the PC and they wouldn't bother investing allot of R&D time and money into it.

Then you came along as said... "Well they are". - Again, no logical thinking to disprove me otherwise.

As for the Xbox 360's Ram I never referred to it's memory type, only the fact it was a single memory pool.

Anyway, my "Give a crap" meter for this thread has plummeted. I'm going to bed.

Well you think the wrong way then.

And why you...whatever,we're not the same channel

Wyrdness said:
ninjablade said:
Wyrdness said:
Maelstrome said:
Im calling it now. People that focus on graphics and specs will ultimately be disappointed come launch of the next consoles.

I agree things are so rampant now people are setting themselves up for a fall in that regard.

ps4 is basically a 10x jump, 720, looking liek 7-8x jump, developers saying we will see a huge jump in graphics at launch, unless there expecting to rival a powerful pc, we should be happy.

No offence mate but you're coming across as an extremely gullible person right now. Do you know why people are telling you that these rumours are wayward and contradicting? They're coming from people who most likely are passing on second/third hand information with out knowing the actual tech directly, these sources are often people in a company who have no direct involvement with the devkit and might over hear something or get vague information off a friend who may be involved. For one these are devkits which means the retail models will have half the ram and you contradicted yourself here, I'm a PC gamer as well and right now the top PCs are around 10x the jump of the PS3, this is when using full HD assets like today. That 10x jump is you expecting it to rival a PC hence why I agree with Maelstrome people are setting themselves up for a fall.

Those perfomance numbers we keep getting in rumours don't tell you the actual performance and jump when running something at 1080p and 60fps they may just be simple tests for all we know. Even 6x the jump of the 360 is questionable and being optimistic, 360 and PS3 tech only became financially viable two or so years ago, a jump of even 6x will be murder trying to balance finances and that's before we get to Kinect taking up resources and Sony said to be going for a tablet controller.

ignore the infromation that we have if you like but the ps4 is easily gonna be an 8 x jump, already heard from several developers stating the samething.

If the rumours are true, I wonder why MS is pushing their Kinect 2.0 so much? Is it going to offer some sort of very different experience never experienced before?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

ninjablade said:

ignore the infromation that we have if you like but the ps4 is easily gonna be an 8 x jump, already heard from several developers stating the samething.

I already am ignoring the rumours hence why I think a lot of people here are setting themselves up for a fall, you're the one trying to tell me the PS4 will be a 10x jump over the PS3 but I see you've now lowered it to 8x, here's a hint for you on rumours can you actually name the devs who have said it's going to have that jump by studio, publisher or name and give their quote?

MoHasanie said:
If the rumours are true, I wonder why MS is pushing their Kinect 2.0 so much? Is it going to offer some sort of very different experience never experienced before?

Because they have money to push 2 different control type games in same time,that's why you see they opened many studios since 2010 because they need make sure both type had enough games

But don't put much hope for Kinect 2 coming 2013(aka launch with Durango)